William "Bill" Hope (born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on March 2nd, 1955) is a Canadian actor and voice artist who provides voices for characters in the US and UK narrations of the CGI series of Thomas and Friends.
He is best known for playing Lieutenant Gorman from "Aliens" and John Standish from "Sherlock Holmes" starring Robert Downey, Jr. Hope is also known for playing as Harry Ramos in the award winning drama documentary "9/11: The Twin Towers".
- Stephen Hatt (thirteenth and fourteenth seasons only)
- Farmer McColl
- The Duke of Boxford
- The Maithwaite Stationmaster (Double Trouble and Wonky Whistle only)
- The Knapford Stationmaster (A Blooming Mess)
- The Dock Manager (Misty Island Rescue onwards, excluding the nineteenth season)
- A Wellsworth Station Worker (Percy's Lucky Day)
- The Blond-haired Boy (fourteenth season and The Way She Does It)
- Bert (sixteenth season onwards)
- A Steamworks Worker (Wonky Whistle)
- The Farm Hands (Wonky Whistle)
- A Railway Inspector (US; Thomas in Charge, UK/US; Too Many Fire Engines)
- A Sodor Search and Rescue Centre Worker (Toad and the Whale)
- Will You Won't You (performed)
- He appeared in the 2011 film, "Captain America: The First Avenger" with Michael Brandon and Martin Sherman.
- He and Michael Brandon both worked in "The Last Days of Lehman Brothers".
- He also provides voices for video games.
- Both he and Togo Igawa appeared in the same episode of "Drop the Dead Donkey".
- Both he and Rupert Degas voiced characters from "Headhunter: Redemption".
- He has appeared in the comedy show "Episodes", which also featured Joseph May, Michael Brandon and Rufus Jones.
- He along with Teresa Gallagher, Rasmus Hardiker, David Menkin and Bob Golding voiced characters from "Thunderbirds are Go". David Mitton had previously worked on the original version of the television series.
- He, Tim Whitnall and Rufus Jones have had roles in "Agatha Christie's Marple".
- He, Colm Feore, Kevin Frank, Lori Hallier and Doug Lennox all had roles in "Street Legal".
- He, Jules de Jongh, Rupert Degas, Christopher Ragland and Martin Sherman all provided voices in "Driver: San Francisco".
- He, John Schwab, David Menkin, Joseph May and Glenn Wrage all voiced characters in "Alien: Isolation".