The station at Wellsworth (often called "Edward's station") is on the North Western Railway's main line and acts as the junction for the Brendam branch line. The express does not stop at Wellsworth, although it was once accidentally sent down the branch. The station is at the foot of Gordon's Hill on the main line and, as a result, can be subject to runaway goods trains when the engine has not pinned down brakes. The station has a large goods yard and sheds, as well as sheds for Edward and BoCo, who operate the branch line.
The line from Brendam to Wellsworth is one of Sodor's oldest and was first known as the Wellsworth and Suddery Railway, which was later extended to Knapford in 1914 to connect with other railways to become the North Western Railway.
According to legend, St. Tibba had a well dug here, hence the name.
In the Railway Series, arriving from Crosby, an engine goes under a road bridge and into the yard (seen in Edward and Gordon and Domeless Engines), then along the part of the yard where the turntable and sheds are located, under another road bridge, and into the station. Departing the station, the engine goes to Suddery Junction and into Gordon's Hill.
- It is occasionally misspelt as "Ellsworth".
- Wellsworth is likely named after Elsworth, where the Rev. W. Awdry was Rector between 1946-53.
- In both the PC game Railway Adventures and the eleventh season episode, Edward and the Mail, Wellsworth was referred to as a Post Depot. This idea seems to be carried onto the later seasons when it returned in CGI.
- In some episodes of the seventeenth and eighteenth seasons, the asphalt surrounding the station was replaced with grass.
- Throughout the series, the size of the yard behind the station has fluctuated in size.
- In the eighteenth season episode Duck and the Slip Coaches, the station appeared to represent a station on the Great Western Railway in Duck's flashback.
- In the TV series, the express has commonly stopped at Wellsworth, however according to the Awdry writings, the express is not meant to stop at Wellsworth.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- Brio (discontinued)
- LEGO (discontinued)
- Mega Bloks
- Bachmann (signal box only)
- Lionel (discontinued)