|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
Wash Behind Your Buffers is the twenty-sixth (twentieth in Australia) episode of the eleventh season.
There is to be an Engine Rally and Country Show and Skarloey and Rheneas are to lead the rally. Mr. Percival asks Madge to deliver brushes and soap to make sure the two engines are clean for the event. However, Madge spends too much time making sure they are clean that she does not have time to clean herself. She arrives at the rally looking filthy and accidentally sprays Skarloey and Rheneas with mud. However the workmen begin cleaning them up again and the two engines return the favour and the instruct the workmen. They are soon polished in time for the rally to begin.
- Mr. Percival
- Sodor Brass Band (does not speak)
- The Policeman (does not speak)
- Sir Handel (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Duncan (cameo)
- Mighty Mac (cameo)
- Freddie (cameo)
- Rusty (cameo)
- Elizabeth (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Mrs. Percival (cameo)
- Harold (deleted scene)
- Skarloey Railway Slate Quarry
- Village Square
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds
- Skarloey Coal Yard (mentioned)
- Re-filmed footage from the Engines and Escapades opening is used.
- This episode's title is based on the saying, "Wash behind your ears."
- This was supposed to be Michael Angelis and Michael Brandon's last episode as narrators in the UK and US respectively, but both returned for the twelfth season after it aired without Pierce Brosnan's narrations.
- This episode was the last of a few things:
- Going by production order, this is the twentieth episode of the eleventh season.
- It is said that Mr. Percival came to see Madge, but it is really Madge going to Mr. Percival.
- Madge is carrying the brushes and soap when she goes over the hill in the beginning of the episode.
- Skarloey is wearing one of Rheneas' face masks in all of the shots at the quarry.
- After Madge leaves Skarloey, the road she is on bounces up and down.
- When Madge sprays mud onto Skarloey and Rheneas' faces, their eyes are covered with mud. In the next shot, their eyes are clean.
- The short stout member is not present with the rest of the Brass Band.
- My Thomas Story Library - Madge (discontinued)
- Magazine Stories - Wash Behind Your Buffers! (magazine story)
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Lavensen detrás de los parachoques / Lávate Detrás de los Topes||Wash Behind the Bumpers|
|Norwegian||Vask deg bak bufferne||Wash Behind Your Buffers|
|German||Das große Schrubben||The Big Scrub|
|Finnish||Pese puskurien takaa||Wash Behind Your Buffers|
|Swedish||Rent bakom stötfångarna||Clean Behind the Bumpers|
|Danish||Husk at vaske dig bag bufferne||Remember to Wash Behind the Buffers|
|Polish||Umyj Się!||Wash Up!|
|Hungarian||Tiszta légy az ütköződ mögött is!||Clean the Conflicting be Behind it!|
|Romanian||Spasă-te în Spatele Amortizoarelor||Wash in the Back Shock Absorber|
|Czech||Umyjte se za nárazníky||Wash Behind the Bumpers|
|Slovak||Umyte si svoje nárazníky||Wash your Bumpers|
|Chinese||清洗你后面的缓冲器||Wash Your Back Bumper|
|Thai||จะได้ออกงานใหญ่||It Has a Good Job|
Home Media Releases