September 25th, 2005
Tuneful Toots is the ninth episode of the ninth season.
Sir Topham and Lady Hatt are visiting the Skarloey Railway, and the brass band have been invited to play. Rusty takes the band on a tour of the Skarloey Railway, but forgets to return on time and runs out of fuel on the causeway. Luckily, Rusty is able to use his distinctive two-tone horn and the band's music to alert Mr. Percival, the Hatts, and the engines, who come to the causeway to listen to the concert.
- Peter Sam
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mr. Percival
- Sodor Brass Band
- Rheneas (does not speak)
- Lady Hatt (does not speak)
- Mighty Mac (cameo)
- In Norway, this episode is named "The Musical Train". The Japanese title is "Horn of Beautiful Tone". The Polish title is "Melodic Siren". The German title is "The Big Hoot". It is called "Musical Horn" in Gaelic. It is called "The Concert" in Denmark.
- Rusty was referred to as a female in the original American narration of this episode. The Radio Times also refers to Rusty as a female in the episode description.
- The narrator says that as the band tuned their instruments, the sound "filled Rusty's funnel", but Rusty does not have a funnel.
- Rusty has a different horn sound.
- From this episode on, Peter Sam has Emily's seventh season whistle sound.
- Brakevans should have been added to Mighty Mac, Duncan, Peter Sam, and Rusty's trains.