Tuneful Toots is the ninth episode of the ninth season.
Sir Topham and Lady Hatt are visiting the Skarloey Railway, and the brass band have been invited to play. Rusty takes the band on a tour of the Skarloey Railway, but forgets to return on time and runs out of fuel on the causeway. Luckily, Rusty is able to use his distinctive two-tone horn and the band's music to alert Mr. Percival, the Hatts, and the engines, who come to the causeway to listen to the concert.
- Peter Sam
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mr. Percival
- Sodor Brass Band
- Rheneas (does not speak)
- Lady Hatt (does not speak)
- Mighty Mac (cameo)
- Sodor Castle
- Transfer Yards
- Skarloey Bridge
- Culdee Fell Hill
- Middle Station
- Rheneas Viaduct
- Rocky Ridge Line
- Going by production order, this is the tenth episode of the ninth season.
- During the introduction, Rusty already looks sad even before the narrator says so.
- The narrator says that as the band tuned their instruments, the sound "filled Rusty's funnel", but Rusty does not have a funnel.
- In some early American narrations, Rusty is referred to as a female. The Radio Times also refers to Rusty as a female in the episode description.
In Other Languages
|Hungarian||Rusty Különleges Dudája||Rusty's Special Tune|
|Italian||Una Tromba Melodiosa||A Tuneful Horn|
|Norwegian||Det musikalske toget||The Musical Train|
|Japanese||うつくしいねいろのけいてき||Horn of Beautiful Tone|
|Polish||Melodyjna Syrena||Melodic Siren|
|German||Der Große Schrei||The Big Hoot|
|Gaelic||Dudaichean Ceolmhor||Musical Horn|
|Russian||Мелодичные гудки||Melodius Whistles|
|Portuguese||Apitos Melódicos||Whistles Melodic|
Home Media Releases
- Little Engines, Big Days Out
- The Complete Ninth Series