|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
Trusty Rusty is the twenty-fifth episode of the seventh season.
Rusty discovers that a wooden bridge is in the early stages of collapsing and warns the engines, but Duncan is sceptical and when he urgently needs coal he foolishly travels across the bridge, but runs out of steam. Rusty comes to the rescue and Duncan is pulled out of harm's way just in time.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- The Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Stepney (stock footage cameo)
- The Old Wooden Bridge
- Sodor Castle
- Skarloey Railway Engine Sheds
- Tea Room Station
- Trestle Bridge
- Stepney's Branch Line (stock footage)
- Extended stock footage from Stepney Gets Lost is used.
- This episode marks the last of a few things:
- The last appearance of Stepney until the twelfth season episode Rosie's Funfair Special.
- The last episode to feature the Skarloey Railway until the ninth season episode Mighty Mac. This was also the last episode where Sir Topham Hatt appeared as controller of the Skarloey Railway since Mr. Percival would take over the role in that same episode.
- Stepney has Skarloey's whistle sound.
- When Duncan arrives at the coal bunker, Skarloey already looks shocked even before the former headed for the bridge.
- The narrator mentioned that Duncan had used all his coal, but Duncan still had a full bunker.
- When Rusty races to the rescue, the scene is mirrored because his number and nameplate are reversed.
- When Rusty pulls Duncan clear of the bridge, it suddenly jerks downwards slightly as it begins to fall; this is due to a film cut.
- When Rusty crossed the bridge he hit a bump. When Duncan tried to cross it, he didn't.
- The track Rusty passes when he's going to rescue Duncan wobbles a bit.
- Wires can be seen under Duncan when the narrator says "A beam snapped". The wires are also seen when he was about to fall.
- The old wooden bridge was supposed to be old but the pieces of timber on it look brand new.
- The narrator says, "Rusty chuffed bravely onto the bridge", but Rusty is a diesel.
- When Rusty moves closer to Duncan on the bridge studio equipment is seen sliding out behind the cliffs behind Rusty on the right hand side of the screen and again when the narrator says "soon they were coupled up".
- Because stock footage is used, Rusty's face is smaller at the beginning of the episode, but is larger for the rest.
In other languages
|Welsh||Y Bont Beryglus||Dangerous Bridge|
|Polish||Wierzcie Rudikowi||Believe Rusty|
|Russian||Надежный Расти||Reliable Rusty|
|Hungarian||Rusty a Bátor Mozdony||Rusty the Brave Locomotive|
|Italian||L'affidabile Rusty||Reliable Rusty|