|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
December 26th, 2003
Trusty Rusty is the twenty-fifth episode of the seventh season.
Rusty discovers that a wooden bridge is in the early stages of collapsing and warns the engines, but Duncan is skeptical and when he urgently needs coal he foolishly travels across the bridge, but runs out of steam. Rusty comes to the rescue and Duncan is pulled out of harm's way just in time.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Stepney (cameo)
- The Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Stock footage from Stepney Gets Lost is used.
- In the US narration, the lines "Don't use the old wooden bridge, it's dangerous!" and "Ah Thanks" are added.
- The Welsh title is "The Unsafe Bridge". In Japan this episode is called "Rusty, That can be Depended On".
- Stepney has Skarloey's whistle sound.
- Duncan's driver shouldn't have let him go across the bridge.
- The narrator mentioned that Duncan had used all his coal, but Duncan still had a full bunker.
- When Rusty races to the rescue, the scene is mirrored.
- When Rusty pulls Duncan clear of the bridge, it suddenly jerks downwards slightly as it begins to fall; this is due to a film cut.
- When Rusty crossed the bridge he hit a bump. When Duncan tried to cross it, he didn't.
- Wires can be seen under Duncan when the narrator says "A beam snapped".
- Duncan gets reprimanded when his driver was to blame for letting him cross.
- The old wooden bridge was supposed to be old but the pieces of timber on it look brand new.
- The narrator says, "Rusty chuffed bravely onto the bridge", but Rusty is a diesel.
- A brakevan should have been added to Peter Sam's train.
- At the end of Rock 'n' Roll, it was established that Duncan had realised his error in not listening to Rusty's advice and that they would be friends from then on. This episode ignores this.