- “Even though it's a long time since I worked on Thomas the Tank Engine, I can't remember that neither me nor others reacted negatively to the series, on the contrary actually. I see the series as playful, cute, and innocent, and not a bad role model for children at all. Thomas the Tank Engine has a generally warmer tone than much of what's being made now.”
- ―Trond Teigen on the show's criticism, 2015 VG interview
Trond Teigen (born 24 December 1964 in Oslo) is a Norwegian actor and voice actor who provides voices for the Norwegian version of Thomas & Friends
He provides voices for "SpongeBob SquarePants", "Toy Story", "Fairly Odd Parents", "Pokémon", "Iron Man" and various other shows and films. He also voiced Bentley in the "Sly Cooper" video games, the title character in "Balto", and the title character in "SpongeBob SquarePants". He has appeared in the Norwegian television show "Mot i Brøstet" and played Dr. Sebastian Bøver from "Holms".
He joined the voice cast in Blue Mountain Mystery.
In 2015, Trond, along with Tiril Heide-Steen, Mari Maurstad, and Terje Strømdahl, was interviewed by the Norwegian newspaper "VG" about the criticism Thomas and Friends gets. He states that Thomas has a generally warmer tone than most shows that are made these days, and that he thinks Thomas and Friends is playful, cute, and innocent, as well as a good role model for children.
- He performed the Norwegian version of Blue Mountain Mystery, Working Together, Working Together Again, and Searching Everywhere.
- Both he and Shinichirō Miki voiced Aladdin from Disney in their respective languages.
- Both he, Kaihiamal Martínez, Santiago Ziesmer and Antti L. J. Pääkkönen voiced SpongeBob SquarePants in their respective languages.
- He, Katsuji Mori, Simen Sand and Janusz Wituch voiced Professor Oak from "Pokémon" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Masaharu Satō voiced Charles Goodshow from "Pokémon" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Armando Coria voiced Melvin from "Pokémon" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Mikołaj Klimek voiced Moose from "Pokémon" in their respective languages. They both also narrate the show as well.
- Adriana Casas, Loukas Frangoulis, Piotr Bąk, Paul Disbergen, Bartosz Martyna, Tokuyoshi Kawashima, Dor Srugo, Mildred Barrera, Roberto Gutiérrez, Finn Poncin, Hinako Sasaki, Shinichirō Miki, Hisao Egawa, Javier Olguín, Kōichi Sakaguchi, Katsuji Mori, Susa Saukko, Pasi Ruohonen, Dariusz Błażejewski, Kiyoyuki Yanada, Waldemar Barwiński, Junichi Kanemaru, Artur Pontek, Hiroshi Tsuchida, Krzysztof Szczerbiński, Josie Yee, Diana Pérez, Grzegorz Drojewski, Klaudiusz Kaufmann, Mayra Arellano, Sander de Heer, Hiroko Emori, Naomi Shindō, Justyna Bojczuk, Miłogost Reczek, Tsutomu Densaka, Bruno Coronel, Xóchitl Ugarte, Miguel Ángel Leal, Noriko Shitaya, Anna Gajewska, Gaby Ugarte, Hiro Nakajima, Roberto Mendiola, Chikara Osaka, Kan Tanaka, Yohei Nishina, Salvador Reyes, Yuri Shiratori, Bin Shimada, Ángel Amorós, Kenta Miyake, Keiko Toda, Octavio Rojas, Masaharu Satō, Kiyonobu Suzuki, Talya Barkay, Yehonatan Magon, Kumiko Higa, Nir Ron, Joanna Pach-Żbikowska, Scott Maurstad, Olga Kuznetsova, Jan Kulczycki, Moisés Iván Mora, Tomohiro Nishimura, Piotr Bajtlik, Hideki Takahashi, Alan Prieto, Beata Jankowska-Tzimas, Tetsu Inada, Nobutoshi Canna, Krystyna Kozanecka, Masayuki Omoro, Gadi Levy, Paweł Szczesny, Erik Skjøld, Leonardo García, Dafnis Fernández, Adrian Perdjon, Gerardo García, Józef Mika, Lena Meieran, Manuel Campuzano, César Árias, Dulce Guerrero, Salvador Serrano, Leyla Rangel, Samuel Harjanne, Cezary Kwieciński, Hikaru Midorikawa, Juha Paananen, Hugolin Chevrette-Landesque, José Ángel Torres, Elise Langenoja, Markus Bäckman, Jorge Ornelas and Pauli Virta have also worked on it.
- He, Alejandro Vargas Lugo, Thomas Fritsch, Keiko Toda, Chie Kōjiro and Jim Cummings have all worked on "Balto".