|This article is about the traction engine. You may be looking for the magazine story or the Story Library book.|
Bio in the Railway Series
Trevor used to work on farms doing odd jobs like threshing corn and sawing timber, but his owner thought he was old-fashioned and sent him to the scrapyard. Edward luckily befriended him and convinced Rev. Charles Laxey to purchase him. Trevor now lives in the Wellsworth vicarage orchard, but is often borrowed by his driver Jem Cole to do odd jobs and to appear at various events such as steam fairs.
Bio in the television series
As in the Railway Series, Edward saves Trevor from scrap.
Sometime after that, Trevor soon had no work to do, so Edward took him to Thomas' junction, where Thomas took him to work at Knapford Harbour. At the end of the day, Thomas took Trevor back to the junction and tells him that he may visit him sometime and that the vicar now has work for him to do in the orchard, but may be needed at the harbour again someday.
Edward and Trevor once helped the vicar organise a garden party to raise money for a seaside trip for underprivileged children.
Later on, Trevor has been seen working in other places such as Farmer McColl's Field. He has also got a cart stuck twice on a level crossing, where both times the load got smashed apart by the oncoming engines, such as Donald, and Gordon.
According to a magazine article, he sometimes works on Farmer Trotter's Pig Farm.
He was an attraction at the Sodor Steam Fair and was later seen at a fair at Maithwaite.
Trevor is very friendly and gets along well with the engines. He is also helpful and ready to give anybody advice. Trevor loves children in particular, especially giving them rides in his cart.
Trevor is based on a William Foster and Co. eight-ton traction engine built in 1927 named Fiery Elias that was owned by the Reverend W. Awdry's friend, the Reverend Teddy Boston. He also owned the steam roller that became George and Buster's basis.
In Edward the Blue Engine, Trevor was painted black all over with gold boiler bands and a gold chimney cap. In Thomas and the Twins and Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree, he was painted green with gold boiler bands and a gold chimney cap.
Throughout the television series, Trevor is always painted dark green with red wheels and lining, a black smokebox and gold boiler bands.
- Nigel Pilkington (UK; twentieth season onwards)
- Christopher Ragland (US; twentieth season onwards)
- Toshio Kobayashi (Japan; second - sixth seasons)
- Mitsuhiro Sakamaki (Japan; ninth season onwards)
- Trevor's model is currently on display at Drayton Manor.
- A large scale model of Trevor was built for some of the Pack episodes. The large scale model is now owned by BRj38 and Alcofan158 of SiF.
- Trevor's basis is on display at the British Science Museum.
- According to a Twitter conversation with Nigel Pilkington and Christopher Ragland, Trevor will speak with a West Country accent in the UK dub and a Southern accent in the US dub when he returns in the twentieth season.
- Trevor's whistle is really a higher pitched version of Donald's original whistle.
- The CGI model of Trevor was made for Season 13 (as seen in the US introduction segment), however he did not appear in the series until Season 15.
- Trevor has gone through some slight modifications. These include:
- Season 3:
- His eyes became moveable and radio-controlled like the engines', rather than being moulded as part of the face as in the previous season.
- Season 15
- The front of his gearbox became black.
- Season 3:
- "I'm Trevor, they're going to break me up next week."
- "What a shame!" said Edward.
- "My driver says I only need some paint, brasso and oil to be as good as new," Trevor went on sadly. "But it's no good. My master doesn't want me. I suppose its because I'm old fashioned."
- Edward snorted indignantly. "People say I'm old fashioned. But I don't care. The Fat Controller says I'm a really useful engine."
- "My driver says I'm useful too," replied Trevor. "I sometimes feel ill, but I don't give up like these tractors. I struggle on and finish the job. I've never broken down in my life!" he ended proudly.
- Trevor meets Edward, "Saved from Scrap."
- ERTL (normal, scrap Trevor with flatbed and miniature; all discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued, 2017 reintroduction; coming soon)
- Take Along (discontinued)
- Collectible Railway (coming soon)
- Motor Road and Rail (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (discontinued)
- Mini Die Cast Collection (discontinued)
- Trading Cards (discontinued)
- My First Thomas
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Thomas and Friends Adventures (coming soon)