|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
Stepney is enjoying his visit to the North Western Railway and offers to help Percy with his goods trains. After delivering loaded trucks to the harbour, Stepney goes past a cricket field with some "empties" when a batter hits a "six" and their only ball lands in a truck. Stepney does not realize this and when his driver sees Caroline chasing after them with the desperate cricketers inside, he mistakes them for joyriders and speeds up, much to Caroline's annoyance as she easily overheats when travelling at high speed. At last after being forced over a hill, Caroline arrives at the station and the men get their ball back, but Stepney's driver notes Caroline looks exhausted and suggests that she be rolled onto a flatbed so she can rest during the return journey. The cricketers ride back in a brake van and Stepney, his crew and Caroline watch the end of the game.
- The Elsbridge Cricket Club
- Thomas (does not speak)
- Toby (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Duck (cameo)
- Donald (cameo)
- Bulgy (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- The Vicar of Wellsworth (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Bulgy's Bridge
- Knapford Harbour
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Shunting Yards
- Elsbridge Cricket Field
- Road Beside Rail and Canal Runby
- Hackenbeck Tunnel
- Going by production order, this is the eighteenth episode of the fourth season.
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Stepney the "Bluebell" Engine.
- Edited scenes are used in The Red Balloon song. One shot superimposes the red balloon above the cricket field and another shows the cricketers smiling.
- After Percy arrives with his trucks, his roof is lifted.
- Studio equipment is visible in the shots of the cricket field.
- Stepney has Rheneas' whistle sound.
- At Knapford Harbour, Henry and James' eyes are wonky and the guard figure in Stepney's brake van appears to have fallen backwards.
- When Stepney arrives at the harbour, watch Thomas carefully; his trucks wobble and nearly come off the rails.
- One of Percy's lamp irons is crooked.
- When the narrator says "She doesn't think trains are silly now", paint chips are visible in Stepney's running board.
- At the beginning of the episode, Duck and Donald are behind Thomas, Stepney, Percy and Toby, but a few scenes later, some trucks and a green express coach have taken their places.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||No Detengan el Juego||Don't Stop the Game|
|Danish||Toget standser spillet||Train Stops the Game|
|Finnish||Pallo Pelistä Pois||Ball Game Off|
|Welsh||Dim Pêl - Dim Gêm||No Ball - No Game|
|German||Ohne Ball kein Spiel||No Play Without Balls|
|Norwegian||Tog stanser spillet||Train Stops Play|
|Swedish||Stepney stoppar spelet||Stepney Stops The Game|
|Dutch||Trein Vangsten Bal||Train Catches Ball|
|Italian||Partita interrotta||Interrupted Game|
|Czech||Vlak, který zastavil zápas||Train which stopped Match|
|Russian||Поезда перестают играть||Train Stops Playing|
|Ukrainian||Потяг припиняє гру||The Train Stops in December|
|Hungarian||A félbeszakadt krikettjáték||The Interrupted Cricket Game|
|Slovenian||Vlak prekine tekmo||Train Interrupted Match|
|Romanian||Trenul Opreşte Jocul||Train Stops Play|
|Slovak||Vlak sa prestane hrať||The Train will Stop the Play|
|Polish||Koniec Zabawy||End of Fun|
|Chinese||列车不动了||The Train Did Not Move|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Trem para o Jogo||Train to the Game|
|Greek||Το τρένο σταματά το παιχνίδι||The Train Stops Play|
|Thai||หัวรถจักรเขาแข่งคริกเก็ต||Engine and his Race Cricket|
Home Media Releases