|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
- "Why are all the children cheering?"
"They're cheering for you!"
- ―Thomas and Percy
Too Hot for Thomas is the twenty-fifth (twenty-second in Australia) episode of the eighth season.
It is a hot summer day and James and Toby are taking children to the beach. While Thomas wants to take children as well, he becomes stuck with the job of helping the ice cream factory produce more ice cream; it is very hot at the beach and the ice cream man has run out. Thomas is disappointed, but his driver assures him that if they work quickly, there might still be children to take. So Thomas rushes off to collect the ingredients.
Thomas collects the cream tanker safely and makes his way to Farmer McColl's farm. Along the way, he has to stop at an intersection to let James' passenger train by. Thomas wonders why James gets to take children while he cannot. He soon arrives at the farm, where one of his trucks are loaded with strawberries. He thanks the workmen and sets off for Mr. Jolly's Chocolate Factory.
Determined to get his jobs done, Thomas puffs as fast as he can. However, he is going so fast, the signalmen forget to set the points. The points send him onto another line, much to his disdain. Now he much wait for Toby and Henrietta to pass by, pulling even more children. This makes Thomas cross and more determined than ever.
At the chocolate factory, the workmen load another truck with cocoa powder. Thomas tries to set off, but the shunter has yet to release the truck's brakes. Thomas puffs so hard that he breaks the coupling, sending cocoa powder everywhere. Thomas is upset; he is sure that he will not be able to take the children. It takes even longer to clear up the mess, and once the shunter releases the brakes, Thomas sets off.
At the ice cream factory, Thomas is dismayed when the manager asks him to take the ice cream once it is ready. However, when he arrives at the beach, everyone cheers at his arrival. Thomas is very confused, and Percy explains that they have been waiting for their ice cream. Soon, all the children have their ice cream, bringing a smile to Thomas' smokebox. The Fat Controller is there, too, and congratulates Thomas for being really useful.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Ice-Cream Factory Manager
- Toby (does not speak)
- Farmer McColl (does not speak)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The Dairy Manager (cameo)
- Norramby Seaside Station
- The Fishing Village
- Sodor Dairy
- Sodor Ice Cream Factory
- McColl Farm
- Gordon's Hill
- Kirk Ronan Junction
- Mr. Jolly's Chocolate Factory
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-second episode of the eighth season.
- A deleted scene from Thomas Gets it Right is used.
- In The Complete Series 8 DVD, the music at the end is omitted.
- During the close up of Thomas' driver, the raspberry syrup tanker is not visible and the tree behind him is also much smaller.
- In the widescreen version when Thomas has to stop for James, James magically appeared due to the fade effect.
- When Thomas moves his truck of cocoa powder forward after wheel-slipping, he slows down before the powder explodes.
- When the points switch back to Thomas' line, a skinny copper rod is moving off-screen.
- When Thomas pulls into Seaside Halt, one of the children is missing a mouth.
- The narrator says that the workmen filled Thomas' trucks with strawberries, but only one truck was filled.
- Due to stock footage being used when Thomas lets off steam before chuffing back to the junction, he is pulling a grey van instead of a blue truck.
- Take Along - Thomas and Ice Cream Sundae Cars
- Capsule Plarail - Sir Topham Hatt (Seaside wear, Seaside swim wear)
- Books - Too Hot for Thomas and Hate! I Want To Go to the Beach
- Magazines - Cheers for Thomas
In Other Languages
|Hungarian||Thomas és a Fagylalt||Thomas and Ice Cream|
|Catalan||Calorós D'estiu Dia||Hot Summer Day|
|Italian||Thomas e Gelato||Thomas and Ice Cream|
|Finnish||Kuumana Kesäpäivänä Tuomas||A Hot Summer's Day for Thomas|
|Spanish||Demasiado Calor Para Thomas||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Portuguese||Calor Demais Para Thomas||Too Hot for Thomas|
|French||Thomas et la Chaleur de L'été||Thomas and the Heat of the Summer|
|Croatian||Vrući dan za Tomicu||A Hot Day for Thomas|
|Polish||Zbyt Gorąco dla Tomka||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Romanian||Prea Cald Pentru Thomas||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Czech||Příliš Horko na Tomáše||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Slovak||Príliš Teplo na Thomasa||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Norwegian||For Hett for Thomas||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Swedish||Thomas i Hetluften||Thomas in Hot Air|
|Dutch||Een Zomer Dag||A Summer Day|
|German||Alle Warten auf Thomas||Everyone is waiting for Thomas|
|Danish||En Varm Dag||A Warm Day|
|Japanese||トーマスにはあつすぎる||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Russian||Жарковато для Томаса||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Chinese||托马斯灼热的一天||Thomas' Scorching Day|
|Korean||아이스크림 배달하기||Ice Cream Delivery|
|Thai||โธมัสร้อนใจ||Thomas is Anxious|
Home Media Releases