|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
Too Hot for Thomas is the twenty-fifth (twenty-second in Australia) episode of the eighth season.
It is a hot summer day and James and Toby are taking children to the beach. Thomas wants to help, but he has to deliver ingredients to the ice cream factory first, which he finds unfair. On his way, he is made late by James crossing the intersection and having to wait for Toby to pass when he gets diverted into a siding. Trying to catch up with the priority that is still in his mind, Thomas attempts to leave the chocolate factory before the shunter can take off one of the trucks' brakes, but only breaks a coupling and cocoa blasts everywhere from the pressure. Once Thomas' truck is refilled, he sets off and thinks he can take some children to the seaside. But an unfair catch comes into his work again; the ice cream factory manager asks him to wait for the ice cream to be finished and take it to the beach. When Thomas arrives, the children cheer for Thomas because he delivered the ice cream. Despite not being able to deliver the passengers, Sir Topham Hatt tells Thomas that he is a Really Useful Engine and this makes Thomas very happy.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Ice-Cream Factory Manager
- Toby (does not speak)
- Farmer McColl (does not speak)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The Dairy Manager (cameo)
- Norramby Seaside Station
- The Fishing Village
- Sodor Dairy
- Sodor Ice Cream Factory
- McColl Farm
- Gordon's Hill
- Kirk Ronan Junction
- Mr. Jolly's Chocolate Factory
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-second episode of the eighth season.
- A deleted scene from Thomas Gets it Right is used.
- In The Complete Eighth Series DVD, the music at the end is omitted.
- During the close up of Thomas' driver, the raspberry syrup tanker is not visible and the tree behind him is also much smaller.
- When Thomas moves his truck of cocoa powder forward after wheel-slipping, he slows down before the powder explodes.
- When the points switch back to Thomas' line, a skinny copper rod is moving off-screen.
- When Thomas pulls into Seaside Halt, one of the children is missing a mouth.
- The narrator says that the workmen filled Thomas' trucks with strawberries, but only one truck was filled.
- When Thomas lets off steam before chuffing back to the signal, Thomas is pulling a grey van instead of a blue truck.
- Take Along - Thomas and Ice Cream Sundae Cars
- Books - Too Hot for Thomas
- Magazines - Cheers for Thomas
In Other Languages
|Hungarian||Thomas és a Fagylalt||Thomas and Ice Cream|
|Catalan||Calorós D'estiu Dia||Hot Summer Day|
|Italian||Thomas e Gelato||Thomas and Ice Cream|
|Finnish||Kuumana Kesäpäivänä Tuomas||A Hot Summer's Day for Thomas|
|Spanish||Demasiado Calor Para Thomas||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Portuguese||Calor Demais Para Thomas||Too Hot for Thomas|
|French||Thomas et la Chaleur de L'été||Thomas and the Heat of the Summer|
|Croatian||Vrući dan za Tomicu||A Hot Day for Thomas|
|Polish||Zbyt Gorąco dla Tomka||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Romanian||Prea Cald Pentru Thomas||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Czech||Příliš Horko na Tomáše||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Slovak||Príliš Teplo na Thomasa||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Norwegian||For Hett for Thomas||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Swedish||Thomas i Hetluften||Thomas in Hot Air|
|Dutch||Een Zomer Dag||A Summer Day|
|German||Alle Warten auf Thomas||Everyone is waiting for Thomas|
|Danish||En Varm Dag||A Warm Day|
|Japanese||トーマスにはあつすぎる||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Russian||Жарковато для Томаса||Too Hot for Thomas|
|Chinese||托马斯灼热的一天||Thomas' Scorching Day|
|Korean||아이스크림 배달하기||Ice Cream Delivery|
|Thai||โธมัสร้อนใจ||Thomas is Anxious|
Home Media Releases