|Too Hot for Thomas|
Too Hot for Thomas is the twenty-fifth episode of the eighth season.
It is a hot summer day and James and Toby are taking children to the beach. Thomas wants to help, but he has to deliver ingredients to the ice cream factory. On his way, he is made late by James using the crossing and having to wait for Toby to pass when he gets diverted into a siding. Trying to rush, Thomas tries to leave the chocolate factory before the shunter can take off the truck's brakes, but only breaks a coupling and spills cocoa everywhere. Once Thomas' truck is refilled, he sets off and thinks he can take some children to the seaside. But the ice cream factory manager asks him to wait for the ice cream to be finished and take it to the beach. When Thomas arrives, the children cheer for Thomas because he delivered the ice cream. This makes Thomas very happy.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Toby (does not speak)
- Farmer McColl (does not speak)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Seaside Halt
- The Fishing Village
- Sodor Dairy
- Sodor Ice Cream Factory
- McColl Farm
- Gordon's Hill
- Bluff's Cove Junction
- Mr. Jolly's Chocolate Factory
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-second episode of the eighth season.
- The cocoa powder and the strawberries are simply dumped into open trucks without a cover.
- When Thomas pulls his truck of cocoa powder forward, he slows down before the powder shoots up.
- When the points switch back to Thomas' line, a skinny copper rod is moving off-screen.
- When Thomas pulls into Seaside Halt, one of the children is missing a mouth.
- A brakevan should have been added to Thomas' train.
- The narrator says that the workmen filled Thomas' trucks with strawberries, but only one truck was filled.
- When Thomas lets off steam before chuffing back to the signal, Thomas is pulling a grey van instead of a blue truck.
- The Cocoa Powder should have been put in boxes instead of just dumped in the truck.
In Other Languages
|Hungarian||Thomas and Ice Cream|
|Italian||Thomas and Ice Cream|
|Finnish||A Hot Summer's Day for Thomas|
|Croatian||A Hot Day for Thomas|
|Norwegian||For hett for Thomas||Too Hot for Thomas|
|German||Everyone is waiting for Thomas|
|Denmark||A Warm Day|
|French||Thomas and the Heat of the Summer|
|Japanese||Too Thick for Thomas|