|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Slovenian DVD.|
|Toby and the Flood|
Toby and the Flood is the tenth episode of the fifth season.
During many days of rain, Toby is asked to investigate a dam during rainy weather, and discovers it is about to burst its banks. Toby hurries to get to higher ground, but the bridge he is on is swept away after the dam collapses. Harold drops a rope to be tied to Toby's bufferbeam and gives the other end to Percy. Toby is saved and when the flood subsides and the dam mended, a party is held in Toby's honour.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Bertie (cameo)
- Caroline (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Edited stock footage from Gallant Old Engine is used.
- Inspiration for this episode might have come from the Elan Valley Railway, in Powys, Mid-Wales which had a section of railway line running along the front of a dam that was under construction.
- The footage of Percy racing after Toby is sped up.
- Toby's driver is grinning when he says "It's our only chance!"
- Harold is smiling when he follows Toby.
- In two scenes, Toby's driver has a different model.
- When the narrator says "As Toby floated helplessly on the flood waters..." you can see that Toby is still only just floating away from the broken bridge.
- Trevor is sleeping at the party.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Toby y la Inundación||Toby and the Flood|
|Norwegian||Toby og oversvømmelsen||Toby and the Flood|
|Japanese||ながされたトビー||Toby Drifted Out|
|Portuguese||A Inundação||The Flood|
|Italian||Toby e l’alluvione||Toby and the Flood|
|Hungarian||Toby és az Árvíz||Toby and the Flood|
|Danish||Toby og oversvømmelsen||Toby and the Flood|
|German||Toby und die Flut||Toby and the Flood|
|Chinese||托比和洪水||Toby and Floods|