|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
Toby's Triumph is the sixteenth episode of the eleventh season.
Toby has been asked to take Alicia Botti to a special picnic for a concert. Toby and Henrietta are given a washdown and the Refreshment Lady makes a special tea for Alicia Botti. But Toby is so worried, he spills the food, puffs onto a dusty branch line, and splashes into a muddy puddle. Alicia Botti is mortified to see Toby so muddy at the airport, but arranges for him to be washed and, after realising he should not worry, Toby makes it to the picnic on time - and clean.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Alicia Botti
- Henrietta (does not speak)
- The Refreshment Lady (does not speak)
- Jem Cole (not named; does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- Farmer McColl (cameo)
- The Mayor of Sodor (cameo)
- Dusty Dave (cameo)
- Sodor Brass Band (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Jem Cole, who now has grey hair and a beard, is the farmer.
- Alicia Botti no longer has an Italian accent.
- This episode marks Elizabeth's last speaking role to date.
- In Germany, this episode is called "Toby's Big Day". In Norway, it is titled "Toby's Victory". In Japan, this episode is called "Toby and the Famous Star".
- Gordon has Edward's whistle sound.
- Half of the parking lot at Maron is replaced with trees.
- Why would the points be set to go down the old branch line?
- Lady Hatt's model from The Green Controller is used in the crowd scene, but Lady Hatt is at the picnic.
- Elizabeth has Bertie's horn sound.
- In some scenes, Toby's eyes are wonky.
- Alicia Botti is upset with Toby being dirty, but in Thomas, Percy and the Squeak, she did not mind Percy being dirty.
- The narrator said that all of the cakes fell onto the floor, but some are still on the table.
- Brakevans should have been added to Thomas and Percy's trains.