|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story or the DVD.|
Toby's Triumph is the sixteenth episode of the eleventh season.
It was autumn on the Island of Sodor and the engines were getting ready for the harvest festival. Sir Topham Hatt arrived at Tidmouth Sheds and gives Toby the job to take Alicia Botti to a special picnic for a concert. When Sir Topham Hatt said that Alicia Botti is an important passenger, Toby started to worry that he might make a mistake and still worried while he and Henrietta are given a washdown and the Refreshment Lady set up a special tea for Alicia Botti.
When Toby left Maron, he went too fast when he reached a bend and stopped too quickly when the signal turned red which made all the food spill. Toby made another mistake by puffing onto a dusty branch line and it covered him and Henrietta in leaves. When Thomas puffed by pulling tomatoes, he said hello to Toby and asked what happened to him, but Toby didn't hear as he was still worried. Toby was so worried he didn't see Jem Cole or heard Elizebeth trying to warn him about the big puddle of mud on the track, but Toby was going too fast to stop in time and he splashes into the puddle and he and Henrietta got covered in mud.
Toby arrived at the Airport, but Alicia Botti was upset that she can't arrive on a clean train, but arranges Toby and Henrietta to be washed and Toby stopped worrying. After they were shiny and clean, Toby puffed to the picnic with Alicia Botti and arrived on time without any mistakes.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Alicia Botti
- Henrietta (does not speak)
- Refreshment Lady (does not speak)
- Jem Cole (not named; does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- Farmer McColl (cameo)
- The Mayor of Sodor (cameo)
- "Dusty" Dave (cameo)
- Sodor Brass Band (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- For unknown reasons, when the episode aired on PBS in the US and Nick Jr. in the UK, the scene of Sir Topham Hatt arriving is actually mirrored, but since it was fullscreen and Toby's number couldn't be seen, it can't be determined.
- Jem Cole, who now has grey hair and a beard, is the farmer.
- This episode marks Elizabeth's last speaking role to date and Alicia Botti's first speaking role since her debut.
- Gordon has Edward's whistle sound.
- There are trucks blocking in front of Toby's way at Tidmouth Sheds.
- Half of the parking lot at Maron is replaced with trees.
- Lady Hatt's model from The Green Controller is used in the crowd scene, but Lady Hatt is at the picnic.
- Elizabeth has Bertie's horn sound.
- In some scenes, Toby's eyes are wonky.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Tobys seier||Toby's Victory|
|Spanish||El triunfo de Toby||Toby's Triumph|
|German||Toby großer Tag||Toby's Big Day|
|Japanese||トビーとゆうめいなかしゅ||Toby and the Famous Singer|
|Danish||Tobys triumf||Toby's Triumph|
|Portuguese||O Truinfo de Toby||Toby's Triumph|
|Hungarian||Toby, a győztes||Toby, the Winner|
|Romanian||Triumful lui Toby||Toby's Triumph|
|Polish||Zwycięstwo Tobika||Toby's Victory|
|Czech||Tobyho úspěch||Toby's Success|
|Slovak||Tobyho úspech||Toby's Success|
|Swedish||Tobys triumf||Toby's Triumph|
Home Media Releases