|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the magazine story or the DVD'.|
- “I can't arrive at the picnic on such a dirty train! What would my public say?”
- ―Allicia Botti
Toby's Triumph is the sixteenth episode of the eleventh season.
It was autumn on the Island of Sodor and the engines were getting ready for the harvest festival. Sir Topham Hatt arrives at Tidmouth Sheds and gives Toby the job to take Allicia Botti to a special picnic for a concert. When Sir Topham Hatt says that Allicia Botti is an important passenger, Toby starts to worry that he might make a mistake and is still worried while he and Henrietta were given a washdown and the Refreshment Lady set up a special tea for Allicia Botti.
When Toby leaves Maron, he goes too fast when he reaches a bend and stops too quickly when the signal turns red which makes all the food and tea spill. Toby has made another mistake by puffing onto a dusty branch line and it covered him and Henrietta in leaves. When Thomas puffs by pulling tomatoes, he says hello to Toby and asks what happened to him, but Toby did not hear him as he was still worried. Toby was so worried he did not see Jem Cole or hear Elizabeth trying to warn him about the big puddle of mud on the track, but Toby was going too fast to stop in time and he splashes into the puddle and he and Henrietta got covered in mud.
Toby arrives at the Airport, but Allicia Botti is upset because she could not arrive on a dirty train, so she arranges for Toby and Henrietta to be washed down and Toby stops worrying. After they were shiny and clean, Toby puffed to the picnic with Allicia Botti and arrived on time without any mistakes.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Allicia Botti
- Henrietta (does not speak)
- Refreshment Lady (does not speak)
- Jem Cole (not named; does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- Farmer McColl (cameo)
- The Mayor of Sodor (cameo)
- "Dusty" Dave (cameo)
- Sodor Brass Band (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- For unknown reasons, when the episode aired on PBS in the US and Nick Jr. in the UK, the scene of Sir Topham Hatt arriving is actually mirrored, but since it was full-screen and Toby's number could not be seen, it cannot be determined.
- Jem Cole, who now has grey hair and a beard, is the farmer.
- The bridge that appears at the start of the episode is actually the Maron station set redressed.
- This episode marks Elizabeth's last speaking role to date and Allicia Botti's first speaking role since her debut.
- Despite being the title character, Toby only has two lines in the entire episode.
- This episode marks the last of two things to date for The Refreshment Lady.
- Her last appearence in an episode.
- The last time that she is refered to by name.
- Gordon has Edward's whistle sound.
- There are trucks blocking in front of Toby's way at Tidmouth Sheds.
- Half of the car park (or parking lot) at Maron is replaced with trees.
- Lady Hatt's model from the tenth season episode, The Green Controller is used in the crowd scene, but Lady Hatt is at the picnic.
- Elizabeth has Bertie's horn sound.
- In some scenes, Toby's eyes are wonky.
In Other Languages
Home Media Releases