|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
Toby's Afternoon Off is the eighth episode of the tenth season.
Toby has finished all of his jobs and is looking forward to visiting the farm when the Fat Controller asks him to do some odd jobs. Toby's first job is to shunt some trucks. He asks Mavis for help, but she's too busy. Then Toby has to take some trucks to the depot. He asks Thomas for assistance, but he is running late and has no time to help. Finally, Toby has to help Cranky with some cargo and asks Salty to share the workload, but Salty is busy delivering a piston rod. Luckily, the ship has been caught in rough seas and won't arrive until the next morning, leaving Toby time to visit the farm. On the way back, however, he meets Henry, who told him that he had broken down and Mavis, Thomas, and Salty were all helping with his passengers and repairs. Toby feels ashamed for thinking they were being unkind and offers to take Henry's coaches home.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Percy (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Butch (cameo)
- This episode marks the first appearance of the Tar Tankers since the fifth season episode Make Someone Happy.
- Mavis is said to 'puff' and then 'steam' past Toby, but she is a diesel engine.
- In widescreen, when Toby says "And I thought they were my friends," you can see that Salty stops at the end of the set.
- The narrator says Toby had to shunt trucks to the coal depot, but he was already there.
- When Mavis leaves the yards, Toby is much closer to the tar tankers than he was in the previous and the next two shots.
- When Toby stops next to Cranky, his steam platform can be seen on the track.
In Other Languages
|Danish||Toby Holder Fri||Toby Keeps Free|
|Norwegian||Tobys Fridag||Toby's Day Off|
|Swedish||Toby Eftermiddag||Toby's Afternoon|
|Portuguese||A Tarde Livre de Toby||The Afternoon of Toby|
|Spanish||La Tarde Libre de Toby||Toby's Free Afternoon|
|French||Le Libre Après-Midi de Toby||Toby's Afternoon Off|
|Dutch||Toby's Vrije Middag||Toby's Free Afternoon|
|German||Tobys Freier Nachmittag||Toby's Free Afternoon|
|Hungarian||Baráti Segítség||Friendship Help|
|Italian||Il Pomeriggio Libero di Toby||Toby's Afternoon Off|
|Catalan||Le Lliure Tarda Toby||Toby's Afternoon Off|
|Finnish||Topin Vapaa Iltapäivä||Toby's Free Afternoon|
|Romanian||Dupăamiaza Liberă a lui Toby||At Toby's Afternoon|
|Czech||Tobyho volné odpoledne||Toby's Afternoon|
|Slovak||Tobyho Voľné Popoludnie||Toby's Free Afternoon|
|Polish||Wolne Popołudnie Tobika||Toby's Free Afternoon|
|Croatian||Bruno ima Slobodno Popodne||Toby Has a Free Afternoon|
|Japanese||トビーのごごのおやすみ||Toby's Afternoon Off|
|Russian||Выходной Тоби||Output Toby|
|Greek||O απόγευμα||The Afternoon|
|Chinese||托比的下午休假||Toby's Afternoon Break|
|Korean||우리는 친구||We Are Your Friends|
|Thai||บ่ายวันว่างของโทบี้||Toby's Afternoon Snack|
Home Media Releases