|This article is about the VHS. You may be looking for the episode, the Buzz Book or the DVD.|
Time for Trouble and other stories (Also known as Volume 8 in New Zealand) is a UK/Australian/New Zealand VHS release featuring the first eight third season episodes narrated by Michael Angelis. The New Zealand release was narrated by George Carlin.
Thomas, everyone's favourite little blue engine, returns with a full head of steam for these brand new adventures!
- A Scarf for Percy - Percy dreams of wearing a nice, warm scarf around his funnel to keep out the winter winds. What a surprise he gets when his wish comes true!
- Percy's Promise - Percy makes a promise to Thomas and despite a terrible storm, he manages to bring Annie & Clarabel home safely.
- Time for Trouble - James is asked to pull the Express and becomes proud and boastful. His impatience lands him in an undignified situation.
- Gordon and the Famous Visitor - An important engine visits the yard. Everyone is excited, except Gordon - who doesn't trust domeless engines.
- Donald's Duck - Duck is given his own branch line to work on and following a practical joke with Donald, he makes a new friend.
- Thomas Gets Bumped - Bertie helps out while Thomas waits for new rails to be laid on his branch line. Thomas is needlessly jealous.
- Thomas, Percy and the Dragon - Percy has a terrible fright when he confronts a huge Dragon, but nobody believes him. Luckily, Thomas explains everything.
- Diesel Does it Again - Percy and Duck are outraged when Diesel arrives at the harbour. Disaster follows.
- This is the first VHS to release episodes before they aired on television.
- An early release of this video included an early narration that was later re-recorded.
- On the New Zealand release, a section with the line, "The buffers weren't secure" is omitted from Diesel Does it Again, which creates a continuity error as Diesel is only seen pushing two trucks into the sea.