|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the 2011 or 2013 magazine story.|
Time For a Story is the ninth episode of the thirteenth season.
New story books are to be delivered to the library for the school children's story time and the Fat Controller gives this special job to Thomas. Thomas goes to Maithwaite to collect the trucks full of books, but he is so excited about the children's storytime that he leaves too soon and does not wait for the stationmaster to cover the books to keep them inside the trucks. On his way to the library, Thomas sees a red signal ahead and goes down the branch line before he reaches the signal, so as to not be late for story time. However, Thomas soon pays the price for his impatience when he ignores warning signs about track repairs and hits the bumpy track, causing his trucks to derail, crash into Farmer McColl's Field and spill the books all over the field.
Thomas feels bad for being impatient, but he has an idea. Seeing how bright the colourful books are in the field, Thomas decides that instead of bringing the books to the children, he will bring the children to the books. So he collects Annie and Clarabel and then collects the schoolchildren and their teacher. Once back at Farmer McColl's Field, Thomas listens to the teacher telling a story about a boy who learned patience.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Teacher
- The Schoolchildren
- The Maithwaite stationmaster
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Farmer McColl (mentioned)
- This episode was shown in select US theatres in October 2010.
- In the US, one child was voiced by Martin Sherman. The sound of him saying "Hello, Thomas!" was presumably recorded and later used in the fourteenth season episode, Pop Goes Thomas.
- The trucks somehow change tracks at Maithwaite before Thomas couples up to them.
- The teacher does not actually read from the book, she just keeps turning the page.
- The book pages are blank.
- In some shots, the tracks are completely smooth, yet Thomas and the trucks still bounce.
- When Thomas was leaving the Steamworks, his wheels were moving slower than he was.
- Thomas puffs down the branch line despite the points being switched against him.
- Take-n-Play - Storybook Car
- Wooden Railway - Percy and the Storybook Car
- Books - Thomas and the Shortcut
- Magazine Stories - Time For a Story/Time For a Story
In Other Languages
|Swedish||Dags för sagostunder||Time for Story Time|
|Finnish||Erilainen Satutunti||Different Story Hour|
|Japanese||すてきなおはなしかい||Splendid Story Hour|
|German||Die besondere Vorlesestunde||The Special Story Time|
|Welsh||Amser stori||Story Time|
|Polish||Czytania Bajki||Reading Fairy Tales|
|Greek||Ώρα για ένα παραμύθι||Time for a Fairytale|
|Indonesian||Watkunya Berceita||Time for a Story|
|Korean||책 읽기 소풍||A Book Read Excursion|
|Italian||L'ora delle Storie||Story Time|
|Czech||Čas na pohádku||Time for a Fairytale|
|Russian||Необычный пикник||Unusual Picnic|
|Romanian||E Timpul pentru O Poveste||Time for a Story|
|Serbian||Vreme za priču||Time for a Story|
|Spanish||Tiempo para un Cuento||Time for a Story|
|Slovak||Čas na rozprávku||Time for a Fairy Tale|
|Catalan||Hora d'explicar un conte||When Telling a Story|
|Thai||ปิกนิกฟังนิทาน||Picnic Listen Tales|
Home Media Releases