|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story.|
|Time For a Story|
Time For a Story is the ninth episode of the thirteenth season.
New story books are to be delivered to the library for the school children's storytime and the Fat Controller gives this special job to Thomas. Thomas goes to Maithwaite to collect the trucks full of books, but he is so excited about the children's storytime that he leaves too soon and doesn't wait for the stationmaster to cover the books to keep them inside the trucks. On his way to the library, Thomas sees a red signal ahead and goes down the branch line before he reaches the signal, so not to be late for storytime. However, Thomas soon pays the price for his impatience when he ignores warning signs about track repairs and hits the bumpy track, causing his trucks to derail, crash into Farmer McColl's Field, and spill the books all over the field.
Thomas feels bad for being impatient, but he has an idea. Seeing how bright the colourful books are in the field, Thomas decides that instead of bringing the books to the children, he will bring the children to the books. So, he collects Annie and Clarabel and then, collects the schoolchildren and their teacher. Once back at Farmer McColl's Field, Thomas listens to the teacher telling a story about a boy who learned patience.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Teacher
- The Maithwaite stationmaster
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Farmer McColl (mentioned)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- McColl Farm
- Farmer McColl's Field
- Town Square
- Sodor Steamworks
- The Library (mentioned)
- This episode was shown in select US theaters in October 2010.
- The trucks somehow change tracks at Maithwaite before Thomas couples up to them.
- The teacher doesn't actually read from the book, she just keeps turning the page.
- The book pages are blank.
- In some shots, the tracks are completely smooth, yet Thomas and the trucks still bounce.
- When Thomas was leaving the Steamworks, his wheels were moving slower than he was.
- Thomas puffs down the branchline despite the points being switched against him.
- In the US version, the Maithwaite stationmaster is given a different voice than that in Double Trouble.
- Brakevans should have been added to Edward, Henry, Thomas, and Toby's trains.
- Take-n-Play - Storybook Car
- Wooden Railway - Percy and the Storybook Car
- Books - Thomas and the Shortcut
In Other Languages
|Swedish||Dags för sagostunder||Time for Story Time|
|Danish||læsning Dag||The Reading Day|
|Japanese||すてきなおはなしかい||Splendid Story Hour|
|German||Der Sonder Geschichte der Zeit||The Special Story Time|
|Welsh||Amser stori||Story Time|
|Polish||Czytania Bajki||Reading Fairy Tales|