Timothy Charles "Tim" Whitnall (born June 27th, 1961 in Canvey Island, Essex, England, UK) is an English playwright, screenwriter and actor, who provides voices for the UK and US narrations of Thomas & Friends.
He appeared in the CITV comedy "Mike and Angelo" and has provided voices for many children's shows including "Roary the Racing Car", "Fifi and the Flowertots", "Teletubbies" (as the show's narrator), "Tree Fu Tom", "The Mr. Men Show", and "Underground Ernie".
He runs the production company Feather Productions with partner Anna Murphy.
- Oliver the Excavator
- The Deputy Minister
- Some Workmen
- A Quarry Worker (P.A. Problems)
- He worked with Teresa Gallagher, Keith Wickham, Rob Rackstraw and Steven Kynman on "The Mr. Men Show".
- He worked with Kerry Shale on "Roary the Racing Car".
- Both he and Joe Mills had roles in "Devil's Playground".
- He tried voicing Edward in the US version of the episode Spencer's VIP, but did not make the final cut.
- Prior to joining the voice cast, He also provided the voiced on one of the games of Thomas DVDs such as Peep Peep Party, Engines to the Rescue, All Aboard with the Steam Team, Pulling Together! and It's Great to be an Engine!. He also narrated the UK trailers for Days Out with Thomas previews, Calling All Engines!, The Great Discovery and Hero of the Rails.
- Both he and Waldemar Barwiński voiced Zigzoo from "Tree Fu Tom" in their respective languages.
- Both he and Maggie Ollerenshaw appeared in "Mike and Angelo".
- He wrote an episode of "Agatha Christie's Marple", while Michael Brandon, Hugh Bonneville, William Hope and Rufus Jones had roles in the show.
- He and John Schwab both had main voice acting roles in "Teletubbies". Kenn Viselman also worked on the show.
- He and Teresa Gallagher voice characters in "Henry Hugglemonster".