Tidmouth Sheds are the main engine sheds on Sodor. In the Railway Series, it is shown as a shed with three or four rails leading in (the illustrations were inconsistent), but in later books it was depicted as a shed enclosing ten berths around a turntable. In the television series, the sheds were replaced by a roundhouse with a turntable at the front.
The sheds have appeared in every season and special of Thomas and Friends.
During the events of Thomas and the Magic Railroad, the left side of the sheds was being repaired for unknown reasons.
The sheds were demolished and rebuilt in Calling All Engines! with a new architectural style and an extra berth for Emily. Diesel, 'Arry, and Bert were put in charge of building them, but Thomas, believing they were destroying it, sabotaged the three, causing the engines to sleep elsewhere until it was repaired.
Many events have taken place at the sheds, such as the strike of the big engines and the confrontation between Duck, Diesel, and the big engines.
- Since the CGI switch, there seems to be a town behind the sheds.
- Almost every merchandise brand gives Tidmouth Sheds five berths.
- In the Railway Series, the turntable was located inside the shed and ash pits were underneath each berth.
- In some third season episodes, the interior of the shed has more than six berths.
- From the eighth season and onwards, the tracks inside each berth do not have any buffers.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (regular and deluxe)
- Take-Along (discontinued)
- Bandai (discontinued)
- Mega Bloks (discontinued)
- Discover Junction
- Trading Cards
- Departing Now