|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the 2010 magazine story or the 2011 magazine story.|
Tickled Pink is the third episode of the thirteenth season.
The Fat Controller sends James to the Sodor Steamworks for a new coat of paint. Emily has broken down while picking up Bridget Hatt to take her to a birthday party and no other engine is available, so Sir Topham Hatt has to send James, who is still painted in his pink undercoat. First Emily laughs at James, so to prevent the others from doing the same, James decides to hide.
He sees Toby coming down the line and hides beneath a willow tree but Gordon rushes past and blows the tree branches up and Toby sees him and laughs.
Then he sees Diesel who is shunting trucks. James really does not want to be seen by Diesel so he hides behind the waiting trucks. Eventually, Diesel shunts them all and James and his pink paint are revealed. Diesel laughs at James.
Finally, James tries to hide from Gordon in Henry's Tunnel. Thomas and Percy arrive to see what is going on. Gordon insists that the engine in the tunnel reveal himself so that the express can get through. So, James is left with no choice but to reveal himself and after James is laughed at, he realises he is running late. So he steams to Maithwaite passing Henry and Spencer who also laugh, but James does not mind; he just wants to be a really useful engine.
James thinks Bridget and her friends will laugh at him, but they do not. Pink is their favourite colour, which makes James feel better.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Bridget Hatt
- Bridget Hatt's Friends
- Edward (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- The Maithwaite Stationmaster (cameo)
- Kerry Shale joins the UK cast.
- The plot is similar to Henry Sees Red from The Railway Series book, Henry and the Express.
- A deleted scene from this episode can be seen in Percy's Parcel and Being Percy.
- This marks the first time a character other than Thomas has said "Cinders and Ashes".
- Diesel's bufferbeam is black in one scene.
- When Gordon races past Toby, the brake coach is at the back of the express, but in the next shot, the brake coach is at the front.
- When James puffs away from Spencer, his coaches have switched places.
- Emily: "Cinders and Ashes! You're bright pink James!? Ha! Ha! Ha!"
- Toby: "Fizzling Fireboxes James! You're a big pink engine! Ha! Ha! Ha!"
- Percy: "James... you're all....pink! Ha, ha! What a funny colour!"
- Gordon: I'd hide, too, if I was bright pink!
- Spencer: "Oh, dear James. Bright pink really isn't your colour!"
- Magazine Stories - Tickled Pink (2010 magazine story) and Tickled Pink (2011 magazine story)
- Capsule Plarail - Pink James
In Other Languages
|French||Une Couleur Gênant||An Annoying Colour|
|Welsh||Y Ryfeddu Pinc||The Pink Marvel|
|Danish||Hvad en Sjov Farve!||What a Funny Colour!|
|Norwegian||Rødmende rosa||Blushing Pink|
|German||Schweinchen Rosa||Piggy Pink|
|Swedish||På rosa moln||On Pink Clouds|
|Finnish||James Muutokset Väri||James Changes Colour|
|Italian||Giacomo il motore Rosa||James the Pink Engine|
|Russian||Герой дня||Hero of the Day|