|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the 2010, 2011 or the 2016 magazine story.|
Tickled Pink is the third episode of the thirteenth season.
The Fat Controller sends James to the Sodor Steamworks for a new coat of paint. Emily has broken down while picking up Bridget Hatt to take her to a birthday party, and as no other engine is available, Sir Topham Hatt sends James, who is still painted in his pink undercoat. When Emily sees James, she laughs at him, so to prevent the others from doing the same, James decides to hide.
He sees Toby coming down the line and hides beneath a willow tree, but Gordon rushes past blowing the branches up, so Toby does see James and laughs.
Then he sees Diesel shunting trucks. James really doesn't want to be seen by Diesel, so he hides behind the waiting trucks. Eventually, Diesel shunts them all away, and James and his pink paint are revealed. Now Diesel laughs at James.
Finally, James tries hiding from Gordon in Henry's Tunnel. Thomas and Percy arrive to see what is going on. Gordon insists for the engine in the tunnel to reveal itself so that the express can get through. So, James is left with no choice but to reveal himself, and after James is laughed at, he realises he is running late. So he steams to Maithwaite, passing by Henry and Spencer who also laugh, but James doesn't care; he just wants to be a really useful engine.
James thinks Bridget and her friends will laugh at him too, but instead they smile, get excited, and very happy! Bridget & her friends tell James that pink is their favourite colour, which makes James feel better.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Bridget Hatt
- Bridget Hatt's Friends
- Edward (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- The Maithwaite Stationmaster (cameo)
- Kerry Shale joins the UK voice cast.
- The plot is similar to Henry Sees Red from The Railway Series book, Henry and the Express.
- This episode marks two things:
- Diesel's bufferbeam is black in one scene.
- When Gordon races past Toby, the brake coach is at the back of the express, but in the next shot, the brake coach is at the front.
- When James puffs away from Spencer, his coaches have switched places.
- Emily: "Cinders and Ashes! You're bright pink James!? Ha! Ha! Ha!"
- Toby: "Fizzling Fireboxes James! You're a big pink engine! Ha! Ha! Ha!"
- Percy: "James... you're all....pink! Ha, ha! What a funny colour!"
- Gordon: I'd hide, too, if I was bright pink!
- Spencer: "Oh, dear James. Bright pink really isn't your colour!"
- Books - Pink James
- Magazine Stories - Tickled Pink/Tickled Pink/Tickled Pink!
- Capsule Plarail - Pink James
In Other Languages
|French||Une Couleur Gênant||An Annoying Colour|
|Welsh||Y Ryfeddu Pinc||The Pink Marvel|
|Danish||Hvad en Sjov Farve!||What a Funny Colour!|
|Norwegian||Rødmende rosa||Blushing Pink|
|Swedish||På rosa moln||On Pink Clouds|
|Finnish||Jaska Vaihtaa Väriä||James Changes Colour|
|Italian||James la Locomotiva Rosa||James the Pink Engine|
|Russian||Герой дня||Hero of the Day|
|Korean||분홍 기관차 제임스||Pink Locomotive James|
|Czech||Růžový kavalír||Pink Cavalier|
|Indonesian||Pink yang Lucu||Pink Funny|
|Hungarian||A rózsaszín mozdony||The Pink Engine|
|Romanian||Roz Bombon||Pink Candy|
|Serbian||Tugaljiva roze boja||Docile, Pink Color|
|Polish||Różowa Lokomotywa||Pink Engine|
|Slovak||Ružový kavalier||Pink Color|
|Catalan||La vida de color de rosa||Life Pink|
|Greek||Έντονο ροζ||Bright Pink|
|Thai||สีใหม่ของเจมส์||James' New Colors|
Home Media Releases