|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
| Three Cheers for Thomas/|
Hooray for Thomas
December 31st, 2003
Three Cheers for Thomas, retitled Hooray for Thomas in American releases, is the twenty-sixth episode of the seventh season.
It's the annual Sports Day and Bertie challenges Thomas to a race to the venue. Thomas manages to stay in front until the Fat Controller asks Thomas to get the medals for him - they have been left in his office. As a "thank you" for collecting all the medals, Thomas gets a medal all to himself.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Harvey (deleted scene)
- James (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Butch (cameo)
- Tiger Moth (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Nancy (cameo)
- Stock footage from James and the Red Balloon, Make Someone Happy, It's Only Snow, Percy Gets it Right, James and the Queen of Sodor, and Bulgy Rides Again is used.
- A London, Midland, and Scottish Railway poster is seen at Maithwaite.
- This is the second time Thomas and Bertie have a race.
- This is the last episode of the classic series.
- This was the last episode to be directed by David Mitton.
- This was the last episode to have Britt Allcroft involved in production.
- An instrumental version of Let's Have a Race can be heard during Thomas and Bertie's race.
- The Danish title of this episode is "Hip Hooray for Thomas". In Welsh, it is called "Hip Hip Hurrah Thomas". In Japan, this episode is called "Thomas' Thursday".
- After Thomas stops to pick up passengers, his siderods change position.
- In the rear shot of Trevor, the left wheels of his cart are not moving.
- Percy said he was taking the Fat Controller to the sports day, but when Thomas was stopped, the Fat Controller is seen in his car.
- Thomas and Bertie should have known better than to have another race.
- As Thomas races through Dryaw, a strange white object (presumably a film glitch) is seen as he goes off screen.
- When all the children surround Bertie, his right eye wonky.
- Because stock footage is used, James is pulling coaches in one scene, but a few scenes later, he is pulling a goods train.
- Thomas is racing Bertie to the station where Sports Day is being held, but for some reason Bertie races to Wellsworth instead.
- In the episode, there is a water tower right next to the shed that Thomas, Percy, and Bertie were at, but in a deleted scene with Harvey, the water has moved up and moved to the other side of the tracks.