1. When did you start singing?
I started singing when I was 17, and professionally when I was 25.
2. How did you become involved with 'Thomas & Friends'.
I became involved via Robert Hartshorne, who writes and produces the music and songs for Thomas the Tank Engine. I have worked with him on many projects. He called me when he was first working on TtTE and we recorded Go Go Thomas. The producers liked it, we have worked on several songs since then.
3. What is your role in the creation of the songs for the show.
I am purely the singer. Robert Hartshorne writes the songs. He always knows how he wants them to sound, I try to replicate that.
4. What is your favorite 'Thomas' song you have worked on so far? What stands out about it to you?
I think "Go Go Thomas" is my favourite song. Because it was the first. We weren't sure how it was going to turn out, but it sounded great when it was finished. I also Liked the "Fat controller song" / "Mr Topham hat". It's fun.
5. Are there any 'Thomas' songs that you have worked on that haven't been released?
I can't think of any songs we have have recorded that haven't been released. The only changes are if there is to be a female singer, male singer, children...that sort of thing.
6. Will you be working on anymore Thomas songs in the near future?
Yes, we're working on one now. It's a secret at the moment though.
7. What work do you do outside of 'Thomas'?
I am a singer and songwriter, so I sing and write songs. I work with lots of other artists and producers as a session singer...I have had many recordings released as an artist. I sing on tv ads, film sound tracks. Live gigs. I also do some vocal coaching and occasional artist management.