|This article is about the 1984 handheld game. You may be looking for the engine, the baby, the VHS, the Story Library book, the Engine Adventures book, the Railway Series book, the Railway Series compilation book, the magazine story, the video game, the 1993 console game or the Kids Station game.|
Thomas the Tank Engine was a handheld game released by Grandstand in 1984.
James is a new engine and it's up to you to help Thomas gather all the parts to build him, gathering points along the way. But watch out - there are many obstacles in your path!
The scoring system is as follows:
- Avoiding a collision with an open wagon: 10 points
- Collecting each part of James from the flat wagon: 10 points
- Taking an extra supply of water: 50 points
- Cleaning Thomas' Chimney: 100 points
- Collecting a trophy: 100 points
- Collecting all the parts of James: 500 points
- In the manual, Terence is referred to as a bulldozer.