|This article is about the LeapPad book. You may be looking for 'the Random House book, the Story Library spin-off book or the Sodor Island Publishing book'.|
Thomas the Really Useful Engine is a LeapPad book based on the book of the same name.
When a fierce storm rips through the Island of Sodor, Henry, James and Percy are sent off to fetch the timber and bricks to repair the station. When they do not return, Thomas sets out on his own to help. One by one, Thomas encounters the engines and helps them out. Happy about saving the day, Thomas is proud that he is a Really Useful Engine.
The Brick Yard Worker and the Stationmaster also speak.
- The US version of the book is narrated by Robin Smith. Michael Angelis narrates the UK version.
- Original music from Mike O'Donnell and Junior Campbell can be heard in the book.
- This book marks Butch's unofficial speaking debut.
- Some instrumental songs of Really Useful Engine, Gone Fishing, Toby and Thomas Anthem is heard, along with the Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends theme and music inspired by the show.
- Since this is made by LeapFrog, Thomas has James' television series whistle sound, Gordon has Rainbow Sun's whistle at a half step lower in pitch, and Edward, Henry, James and Percy have different whistles.
- Edward is described as a small engine, when he is bigger than Thomas and Percy.
- James' wheels have been grey throughout the entire book.