|This article is about the LeapPad book. You may be looking for the Random House book, the Story Library spin-off book or the Sodor Island Publishing book.|
Thomas the Really Useful Engine is a LeapPad book based on Calling All Engines!.
When a fierce storm rips through the Island of Sodor, all of the engines are sent off to fetch supplies to repair the damage. When they do not return, Thomas sets out on his own to help. One by one, Thomas encounters the other engines and helps them out. Happy about saving the day, Thomas is proud that he is a Really Useful Engine.
- The US version of the book is narrated by Robin Smith. Michael Angelis narrates the UK version.
- Original music from Mike O'Donnell and Junior Campbell can be heard in the book.
- This book marks Butch's unofficial speaking debut.
- Some instrumental songs of Really Useful Engine, Toby and Thomas Anthem is heard.
- All the steam engines have different whistles (for example, Thomas uses James' whistle).
- Edward is described as a small engine.