|This article is about the eleventh season episode. You may be looking for the first season episode, the UK DVD, the Croatian DVD, the magazine story, the book, the Buzz Book or the board book.|
- “Something's wrong! Clangety Clong! Clangety Clong! Something's wrong!”
- ―Annie and Clarabel
Thomas in Trouble is the eighteenth (twenty-first in Australia) episode of the eleventh season.
After being sent for maintenance, Thomas is waiting for his final inspection. After Emily exits the shed, James laughs at Thomas saying he has broken down which makes him cross. Then the Fat Controller comes to see if he is ready to collect the school choir for a concert. Thomas knows that if he says he was not ready yet, the choir would get taken by somebody else, so he does not listen to him by acting like he is ready and heading off to collect the choir without his final inspection. He soon begins to make very unusual noises, which makes Annie and Clarabel wonder if something is wrong. But Thomas is too excited to care.
At Knapford, Thomas arrives to collect the school choir. Emily notices the noise, and asks who is making it. Realising it was Thomas, she asks if he had his final inspection. Thomas just says he is fine, and he sets off to deliver the children. But when he stops at a signal, he feels really tired. Toby asks is Thomas took on enough water at the fitters yard, but once again, Thomas says he is fine.
At a level crossing, Thomas sees Percy. He also asks if everything is alright, but Thomas still refuses to agree that there is something wrong with him. But as he leaves, he begins to blow black smoke. He slows down rapidly, before coming to a stop in a siding. He had broken down, and feels awful at letting everybody down. He sees Gordon, but he is too busy pulling the express to help poor Thomas. Then Thomas hears James; James finds it very funny that he has broken down, but he promises to get the choir to the concert on time. Later, Henry comes and takes Thomas back to the repair yard to be mended properly. At the repair yard, he gets repaired and has his final inspection, before going back to collect the choir.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The School Choir (vocalises)
- Henry (does not speak)
- Salty (does not speak)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Bertie (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Big Mickey (cameo)
- This marks Annie and Clarabel's last speaking roles until Blue Mountain Mystery as well as their last speaking roles in an episode until the seventeenth season episode, Scruff's Makeover.
- A photograph from this episode was released as a Royal Mail stamp in 2011 to mark the Reverend Awdry Centenary.
- Going by production order, this is the twenty-first episode of the eleventh season.
- This is the third episode in the UK version of the television series that re-uses a previous episode's title, the other two being Fish and Dirty Work.
- The scene of Salty shunting the trucks at the beginning of the episode was clearly mirrored, as Cranky and Big Mickey have switched positions.
- Thomas started blowing black smoke long before the narrator said he was.
- When James buffers up to Annie and Clarabel, he does not have a crew.
- When Toby says "Did you take on enough water at the fitter's yard?", his eye is wonky.
- In the aerial shot of Emily leaving the Works Sheds, her steam platform is visible a second before the scene changes.
- When James arrives at the Works Sheds, he steams off a little bit before he stops moving.
- When Henry reverses back with Thomas coupled, his steam platform is visible.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Thomas i knipe||Thomas in a Predicament|
|Japanese||トーマスのだいピンチ||Thomas is in a Critical Situation|
|German||Thomas klappert||Thomas Rattles|
|Spanish||Thomas en problemas||Thomas in Problems|
|Finnish||Tuomas Pulassa||Thomas in Trouble|
|Danish||Thomas brænder sammen||Thomas Burn|
|Portuguese||Thomas em Apuros||Thomas in Trouble|
|Hungarian||Thomas bajba kerül||Thomas is in Trouble|
|Romanian||Thomas Are Probleme||Thomas Has Problems|
|Polish||Kłopoty Tomka||Thomas in Trouble|
|Czech||Tomáš má potíže||Thomas Has Difficulty|
|Slovak||Thomas má problémy||Thomas Has Problems|
|Swedish||Thomas får problem||Thomas Has Problems|
|Chinese||托马斯有麻烦了||Thomas is in Trouble|
|Thai||โธมัสแย่แล้ว||Thomas is Crying|
|Korean||수리수리 마수리||Warranty Repair|