Thomas and the U.K. Trip is a Japanese Thomas/Hirake! Ponkikki crossover special. It aired in 1991.
Two children's television characters from Japan, Gachapin and Mukku, visit the United Kingdom. During their visit, they come to Sodor to meet Thomas, Sir Topham Hatt, and the other engines. During the second half, they visit real railways and learn how steam locomotives work.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Oliver (does not speak)
- Mavis (does not speak)
- Bulgy (does not speak)
- Toad (cameo)
- This is the first time we see Oliver, Mavis, and Bulgy's nameboards. This is also the last time we see Oliver and Bulgy's.
- An instrumental version of The Beatles song "Obla Di Obla Da" is used at one point.
- When Thomas is talking to Gachapin and Mukku, a wire is hanging from underneath Thomas' running board.
- Henry's firebox is crooked.
- When James and Henry puff out of the shed, they're going slowly, but the sound of them puffing is quick.