- “Ya, Tōmasu! Boku Gachapin, Nippon kara kitanda! (Hi, Thomas! I'm Gachapin, I came from Japan.)"
"Anō, Anō, Watashi wa Mukku desū. (Um, Um, I'm Mukku.)"
"Yā! Yoku kitane! (Hi! Welcome to!)”
- ―Gachapin, Mukku and Thomas
Thomas and the U.K. Trip (Japanese: きかんしゃトーマスとイギリスのたび) is a Japanese Thomas/"Ponkickies" crossover special. It aired in December of 1991 exclusively in Japan.
Two children's television characters from Japan, Gachapin and Mukku, travel to visit the United Kingdom. During their visit, they come to Sodor to meet Thomas, Sir Topham Hatt, and the other engines. During the second half, they visit real railways and learn how steam locomotives work.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Henry (does not speak)
- James (does not speak)
- Oliver (does not speak)
- Mavis (does not speak)
- Bulgy (does not speak)
- Edward (Introduction only)
- Toby (Introduction only)
- Duck (Introduction only)
- Donald and Douglas (Introduction only)
- Bill and Ben (Introduction only)
- Diesel (cameo)
- BoCo (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Toad (cameo)
- Bertie (cameo)
- Trevor (cameo)
- Harold (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Shepperton Studios
- Buckinghamshire Railway Centre
- Kent & East Sussex Railway
- Great Western Railway (mentioned)
- Keiko Toda as Thomas
- Kenji Utsumi as Gordon
- Chisato Nakajima as Percy
- Kōhei Miyauchi as Sir Topham Hatt
- Kuniko Amamiya as Gachapin
- Juuji Matsuda as Mukku
- Yoshimi Shūei as facilitate
- This marks the first time Oliver, Mavis, and Bulgy's nameboards are seen.
- Bulgy's was introduced as "バルギー(Barujī)" instead of "バルジー(Barugī)".
- There are three instances of songs by The Beatles being played (of which Ringo Starr was the drummer of said band):
- "Magical Mystery Tour" can be heard during the intro.
- An instrumental version of "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" is used when different locations on the Island of Sodor are being introduced.
- "When I'm Sixty-Four" plays during the end credits.
- The scenes of Thomas and his friends interacting with Gachapin and Mukku were specifically filmed for this special during the production of the third season.
- Thomas' Anthem is played in English.
- When Thomas is talking to Gachapin and Mukku, a wire is hanging from underneath Thomas' running board.
- Henry's firebox is crooked.
- When James and Henry puff out of the shed, they are going slowly, but the sound of them puffing is fast.