Thomas and the U.K. Trip (きかんしゃトーマスとイギリスの旅) is a Japanese Thomas/Hirake! Ponkikki crossover special. It aired on December 4th, 1992.
Two children's television characters from Japan, Gachapin and Mukku, visit the United Kingdom. During their visit, they come to Sodor to meet Thomas, Sir Topham Hatt, and the other engines. During the second half, they visit real railways and learn how steam locomotives work.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Henry (does not speak)
- James (does not speak)
- Oliver (does not speak)
- Mavis (does not speak)
- Bulgy (does not speak)
- Toad (cameo)
- Kunie Yasawa as Gachapin
- Juuji Matsuda as Mukku
- Keiko Toda as Thomas
- Kenji Utsumi as Gordon
- Chisato Nakajima as Percy
- Kōhei Miyauchi as Sir Topham Hatt
- This marks the first time Oliver, Mavis, and Bulgy's nameboards are seen.
- An instrumental version of The Beatles song "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" is used at one point.
- The scenes of Thomas and his friends interacting with Gachapin and Mukku were filmed during the production of the third season.
- When Thomas is talking to Gachapin and Mukku, a wire is hanging from underneath Thomas' running board.
- Henry's firebox is crooked.
- When James and Henry puff out of the shed, they're going slowly, but the sound of them puffing is fast.
- Thomas' Anthem plays in English instead of Japanese.