Thomas and the Sunday School Outing is a 1991 annual story.
When Bertie breaks down, Thomas has to take the Sunday School outing into the mountains, along the electric railway. He nearly misses his path home when the Sunday School party is late returning to the station.
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Edward (not seen; does not speak)
- Bertie (mentioned)
- The Electric Engines (mentioned)
- This is the first story in which the electric engines that work the Peel Godred Branch Line are mentioned.
- Thomas is on an electric line, yet there are no signs of electricity.