|Thomas and the Storyteller|
Thomas and the Storyteller is the first episode of the eleventh season.
A famous storyteller is coming to the island to open a new library. Thomas is chosen to show her around Sodor to give her inspiration for a story she will read at the opening. Thomas collects her from Brendam and decides to take her to Pirate's Cove, but sees James with a broken coupling and pulls him and his train to Maithwaite.
Thomas decides to take the storyteller to the ruined castle instead, but meets Emily, who has broken her whistle while taking some flour to the bakery. Thomas pulls Emily to the bakery and tells the storyteller that he will take her to Misty Valley so she can make a story about magic. But then, he sees Percy stranded in an overflowing river and pushes him out. Unfortunately, it is time for the opening and Thomas only manages to get there with seconds to spare. Luckily, the storyteller has an idea for a story: Thomas' adventures from the day.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Storyteller
- The Mayor of Sodor (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Sodor Brass Band (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Bakery
- The Library
- Pirate's Cove
- Gordon's Hill
- The Ruined Castle
- Misty Valley
- The Windmill
- This is Christopher Skala's first episode as executive producer.
- The scene where Thomas tells the Storyteller about Misty Valley is different in the US and UK versions.
- This could have been inspired by Thomas Helps Out.
- Going by production order, this is the nineth episode of the eleventh season.
- Thomas pushes Percy out of the water, but he later states that he pulled Percy out. Also, the roof of Thomas' cab wobbled when he was pushing Percy.
- James, Emily, and Percy are at the grand opening, but since they broke down, they should be getting repaired.
- Brakevans should have been added to Percy and Emily's trains.
- In a close-up of Thomas, his lamp irons are crooked.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Thomas og historiefortelleren||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|Finnish||Thomas ja Tekijä||Thomas and the Author|
|Japanese||トーマスとしょうせつか||Thomas and the Author|