|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD.|
Thomas and the Storyteller is the first episode of the eleventh season.
A famous storyteller is coming to the island to open a new library. Thomas is chosen to show her around Sodor to give her inspiration for a story she will read at the opening. Thomas collects her from Brendam and decides to take her to Pirate's Cove, but sees James with a broken coupling and pulls him and his train to Maithwaite.
Thomas decides to take the storyteller to the ruined castle instead, but meets Emily, who has broken her whistle while taking some flour to the bakery, but is not moving because it's not safe to work without one. Thomas pulls Emily to the bakery and tells the storyteller that he will take her to Misty Valley so she can make a story about magic. But then, he sees Percy stranded in an overflowing river and pushes him out. Unfortunately, it is time for the opening and Thomas only manages to get there with seconds to spare. Luckily, the storyteller has an idea for a story: Thomas' adventures from the day.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Storyteller
- Sodor Brass Band (do not speak)
- The Mayor of Sodor (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam Docks
- The Windmill
- Sodor Bakery
- The Library
- Pirate's Cove
- Gordon's Hill
- The Ruined Castle
- Misty Valley
- This is Christopher Skala's first episode as executive producer.
- The First episode filmed in High-Definition
- This could have been inspired by Thomas Helps Out.
- Going by production order, this is the ninth episode of the eleventh season.
- In some close-up shots of Thomas, the famous storyteller's large scale model has been digitally added onto his cab.
- Thomas pushes Percy out of the water, but he later states that he pulled Percy out. Also, the roof of Thomas' cab wobbled when he was pushing Percy.
- James, Emily, and Percy are at the grand opening, but since they broke down, they should be getting repaired.
- In a close-up of Thomas, his lamp irons are crooked.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Thomas og Historiefortelleren||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|Finnish||Thomas ja Tekijä||Thomas and the Author|
|Japanese||トーマスとしょうせつか||Thomas and the Novel?|
|Danish||Thomas og Historiefortælleren||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|Spanish||Thomas y La Cuentacuentos||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|French||Thomas et le Conteur||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|Dutch||Thomas en de Verhalen Verteller||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|German||Thomas und die Geschichtenerzählerin||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|Portuguese||Thomas e a Contadora de Histórias||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|Hungarian||Thomas és a Sesemondó||Thomas and the Storytelling|
|Catalan||Thomas i lo Contista||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|Romanian||Thomas și Povestitoarea||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|Swedish||Thomas och Sagoberättaren||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|Polish||Tomek i Gawędziarka||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|Czech||Tomáš a Paní Spisovatelka||Thomas and Ms. Writer|
|Slovak||Thomas a Pani Spisovateľka||Thomas and Ms. Writer|
|Chinese||托马斯和故事家||Thomas and the Storyteller|
|Thai||เรื่องเล่าของหัวรถจักรคันพิเศษ||Narrative of Engine Special Units|
Home Media Releases
- The Complete Eleventh Series
- Fun on the Rails Playpack (Digital Download)