|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book or the German DVD.|
- “How many spaceships did you find?”
Thomas and the Spaceship is the seventh episode of the eleventh season.
One foggy night, Percy breaks down on his way home, so Thomas brings him back to Tidmouth Sheds. On the way, Percy sees some lights flashing in the sky, and is convinced it is a spaceship. Gordon dismisses these claims and calls Percy a silly little engine, but before Thomas can argue, the Fat Controller gives him the job of pulling Percy's mail train.
Thomas sets off and promises to prove Percy right. On the way, he sees flashing lights at the bottom of Gordon's Hill, but it only turns out to be workmen performing maintenance. He later sees another flashing light, but it turns out to only be the Lighthouse. He finally sees some flashing lights gliding through the sky and follows them, but it turns out to be Jeremy landing at the Sodor Airport.
Exhausted and disappointed, Thomas realises that he has not done his job of pulling the mail. He sadly returns to Tidmouth Sheds and asks Gordon to help him deliver the mail on time. Gordon, feeling important when being told how fast and strong he is, agrees to help.
The next night, the fog is gone, and all of the engines watch Jeremy land, and Percy believes Jeremy is more splendid than a spaceship anyway.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Jeremy (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- There were a few differences made in the DVD and the half hour TV airing versions:
- An alternate angle of Henry, Gordon and James at the docks.
- An alternate angle of Thomas leaving to collect Percy's mail.
- An alternate angle of Thomas approaching the lights where the workmen were fixing tracks and there was more fog in the DVD version as there was less fog in the TV version.
- When Thomas stops on the top of Gordon's Hill, a crew member's hand can be seen on one of the mail vans.
In Other Languages
Home Media Releases