|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
|Thomas and the Shooting Star|
Thomas and the Shooting Star is the sixteenth episode of the tenth season.
One night, Thomas is taking engineers to repair the electrics at the Power Station. But he wants to see a shooting star, so he keeps taking different routes, and as a result, gets lost. But when Thomas makes a wish to see what is ahead, the shooting star comes across the sky and Thomas finally sees the Power Station. Once the electricity is back on, Thomas returns to Tidmouth Sheds, much to Percy's relief.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Henry (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Diesel (mentioned)
- In Japan, this episode is called "Shooting Star and Thomas". In Hungary, it is called 'Comets'.
- The constellation the shooting star passes in front of is Orion.
- Stock footage from Thomas Tries His Best is used.
- A Thomas poster is seen in the boy's bedroom.
- This is the first time Clarabel is seen having a 'end-train' lantern fixed to her.
- When Thomas leaves the power station, he leaves Annie and Clarabel.
- Thomas decides which route to take to the power station when it is the signalman who decides which way the trains go.
- During the night sky scenes, whenever the camera moves, the stars move with it.
- Why did Annie nor Clarabel try to tell Thomas that it was a silly idea to try and find a long route?
- Why was such an important power plant left completely unmanned, let alone one that literally powers all or Sodor?
- Thomas is smiling when he worries about going through Henry's Tunnel.