|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD.|
|Thomas and the Runaway Kite|
Thomas and the Runaway Kite is the thirteenth episode of the thirteenth season.
It is the day of the Sodor Kite Festival and Thomas must collect the winner's cup from Brendam Docks. After collecting it, Thomas stops on Gordon's Hill, to find Stephen and Bridget Hatt flying their kite. Suddenly, they spot Thomas and wave to him. And in doing so, Stephen loses the Kite to the wind. Thomas races after it, and spends all day trying to catch it. After declining help from Edward, Percy, Emily and Charlie, Thomas soon realises he needs help after he uses up all of his coal. The engines eventually help him, and they successfully catch the kite when it lands on a signal. Thomas collects Stephen and Bridget and their kite is declared the winner, much to Thomas' delight.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Stephen Hatt
- Bridget Hatt
- James (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Diesel (cameo)
- Mavis (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- The Teacher (cameo)
- The Bird Watcher (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (mentioned)
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Bluff's Cove Junction
- Knapford Iron Bridge
- Whispering Woods Halt
- Gordon's Hill
- This episode was shown in select US theaters in January 2010.
- This episode is similar to Topped Off Thomas.
- This episode could have been inspired by the magazine story Thomas and the Kite.
- When Edward asks Thomas if he can help him catch the kite, he appears to be pulling two trucks, but a few seconds when he passes Thomas, he is only pulling one.
- Brakevans should have been added to Henry, James, Thomas, Edward, and Percy's trains.
- Books - The Runaway Kite
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Thomas og den løpske dragen||Thomas and the Runaway Kite|
|Japanese||トーマスのだいついせき||Tracking of Thomas|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Thomas e a Pipa Perdida||Thomas and the Lost Kite|
|German||Thomas auf Drachenjagd||Thomas on Kite Hunt|
|Danish||Thomas and the Kite that flew away|
|Polish||Tomek i Pogoń za Latawcem||Thomas and pursuit of Kites|