|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD.|
Thomas and the Runaway Car is the seventeenth episode of the eleventh season.
Thomas has been given the important job of taking the Fat Controller's new car to the Sodor Show. Gordon has been given the job of taking the bandstand to the show and challenges Thomas to a race. Gordon manages to get a head start and Thomas impatiently tells Rocky to hurry up with loading the car onto the flatbed, but Rocky tells Thomas to wait because he needs to be careful. The car was finally placed on the flatbed, but Thomas started so quickly he did not wait for the Dock manager to couple him up to the flatbed. Rocky and the workmen tried to tell Thomas, but he was already gone, determined to beat Gordon.
When Thomas puffed to the top of Gordon's Hill, the flatbed rolled away from him and he chased after it. While Percy was waiting at a red signal, Arthur was pulling into a siding with heavy trucks of fish. Percy saw the runaway car coming and warned Arthur. Arthur, backing up much too fast, biffed the buffers with fish flying in the air and splattering all over him. Up ahead mud was all over the track and Rosie had just left the washdown. The runaway car ran past her, causing mud to splatter all over her; she didn't look too pleased at her predicament.
The flatbed then raced passed Gordon and went into a siding crashing into some buffers with the car then flying off and going into a haystack. When Thomas caught up, he saw what happened and Gordon, feeling triumphant, chuffed to the show. Thomas realises that he lost the race and the Fat Controller's car would never get to the show on time. He set off to the Docks to get Rocky, but he stopped knowing that he was not strong enough to pull Rocky on his own. When Gordon came back after delivering the bandstand and winning the race, Thomas begged Gordon to fetch Rocky. Gordon, taking pity on Thomas, was more than happy to help his old ally as well as show off his strength. He went to the Docks, fetched Rocky, and brought him over to the hay field. After getting the car back on the flatbed, Thomas thanked Gordon by giving him the car to deliver and they arrived at the show together.
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Lady Hatt (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- The Mayor of Sodor (cameo)
- "Dusty" Dave (cameo)
- Sodor Brass Band (cameo)
- Alice (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The "new" car model is actually the same old one.
- The crowd scene from Toby's Triumph is reused only with the people changed around slightly.
- This marks the only time Rosie had faces with an angry expression and shut eyes.
- This episode was shown in select USA cinemas as part of Thomas and Friends on the Big Screen.
- This is the last episode until the sixteenth season episode, Percy and the Monster of Brendam in which Sir Topham Hatt does not have a speaking role.
- Gordon's buffer is crooked at the docks.
- At the top of Gordon's Hill, the couplings clang and drop before the flatbed moves away; but it was said that the flatbed was not coupled up.
- When the flatbed speeds past Arthur, he speeds up after his trucks to clear the points.
- When the fish fly out of the trucks on to Arthur, he appears to have two fish stuck on his smokebox before the fish hit him.
- When the flatbed passes Rosie it splashes mud all over her, but when Thomas runs by he does not.
In Other Languages
|Danish||Thomas go Den Løsslupne Bil||Thomas and the Riotous Car|
|Norwegian||Thomas og Biljakten||Thomas and the Car Chase|
|Swedish||Thomas Och Bilen Som Rymt||Thomas and the Car that Escaped|
|French||Thomas et Le Voiture Emballement||Thomas and the Runaway Car|
|Spanish||Thomas y El Vagón Fugitivo / Thomas y el Coche Desbocado||Thomas and the Runaway Truck / Thomas and the Loose Car|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Thomas e O Vagão Fugitivo||Thomas and the Runaway Wagon|
|Dutch||Thomas En De Weglopen||Thomas and the Runaway|
|German||Thomas Und Der Ausreißer||Thomas and the Runaway|
|Hungarian||Thomas és a Szökevény Autó||Thomas and the Runaway Car|
|Italian||Thomas e Il Auto in Fuga||Thomas and the Runaway Car|
|Finnish||Karannut Auto||Lost Car|
|Catalan||Thomas i El Cotxe Fora de Control||Thomas and the Runaway Car|
|Romanian||Thomas și Mașina Fugară||Thomas and the Runaway Car|
|Polish||Tomek i Uciekający Samochód||Thomas and the Runaway Car|
|Croatian||U Bjegunac Automobila||The Runaway Car|
|Czech||Tomáš a Autíčko na Útěku||Thomas and the Toy Car on the Run|
|Slovak||Thomas a Autíčko na Úteku||Thomas and the Toy Car on the Run|
|Japanese||トーマスとにげるくるま||Thomas and the Runaway Car|
|Korean||폭주 자동차||The Runaway Car|
|Greek||O δραπέτης αυτοκίνητο||The Runaway Car|
|Russian||убегающих автомобиль||The Runaway Car|
|Chinese||托马斯和逃跑的汽车||Thomas and the Getaway Car|
|Thai||รถคันใหม่ของผู้ควบคุมอ้วน||The Vehicle's Control Obesity|
Home Media Releases