|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD.|
|Thomas and the Runaway Car|
Thomas and the Runaway Car is the seventeenth episode of the eleventh season.
Thomas has been given the important job of taking the Fat Controller's new car to the Sodor Show. Gordon himself has the job of taking the bandstand to the show and challenges Thomas to a race. Gordon manages to get a head start and Thomas is impatient to start, and when he does he forgets to have the truck coupled on; ergo, the truck breaks away on Gordon's Hill. Thomas follows in hot pursuit, but cannot stop the truck from frightening Arthur or splattering Rosie with mud. In the end, the truck crashes into some buffers and the car goes flying into a haystack. When Thomas sees Gordon again, he asks the big blue engine to get Rocky to put the car back on the truck and to thank him gives him the car to deliver.
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Lady Hatt (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- The Mayor of Sodor (cameo)
- Dusty Dave (cameo)
- Sodor Brass Band (cameo)
- Alice (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The "new" car model is actually the same old one.
- The crowd scene from Toby's Triumph is reused only with the people changed around slightly.
- In Germany, this episode is called "Thomas and the Runaway". In Denmark it is "Thomas and the Unrestrained Car". In Norway its title is "Thomas and the Car Chase". In Sweden, this episode is called "Thomas and the Car that Escaped". The Finnish title is "Runaway Car".
- Ironically, Thomas' rush caused him to forget not just to wait for the flatbed to uncoupled, but he also forgot to wait long enough for the car to be secured. Had it been secured when it hit the buffers, it most likely would not have flown off and Thomas likely could've gotten away without anyone knowing it crashed.
- This episode marks Arthur's last speaking role to date.
- Gordon's buffer is wonky at the docks.
- Gordon has coaches in one scene and a flatbed in the next.
- At the top of Gordon's Hill, the couplings clang and drop before the flatbed moves away; but it was said that the flatbed was not coupled up.
- Arthur's fish train should comprise of refrigerated vans, not open-topped trucks.
- When the flatbed speeds past Arthur he speeds up after his trucks clear the points.
- When the flatbed passes Rosie it splashes mud all over her, but when Thomas runs by he does not.
- The car was not secured to the flatbed, so it would have fallen off anyway.
- Lady Hatt's model from The Green Controller is used in the crowd scene, but she is meant to be at the Sodor Show.
- A brakevan should have been added to Thomas, Arthur and Gordon's trains.