|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD.|
|Thomas and the Runaway Car|
Thomas and the Runaway Car is the seventeenth episode of the eleventh season.
Thomas has been given the important job of taking the Fat Controller's new car to the Sodor Show. Gordon himself has the job of taking the bandstand to the show and challenges Thomas to a race. Gordon manages to get a head start and Thomas is impatient to start, and when he does he forgets to have the flatbed coupled on; ergo, the flatbed breaks away on Gordon's Hill. Thomas follows in hot pursuit, but cannot stop the flatbed from frightening Arthur or splattering Rosie with mud. In the end, the flatbed crashes into some buffers and the car goes flying into a haystack. When Thomas sees Gordon again, he asks the big blue engine to get Rocky to put the car back on the flatbed and to thank him gives him the car to deliver.
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- Lady Hatt (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- The Mayor of Sodor (cameo)
- Dusty Dave (cameo)
- Sodor Brass Band (cameo)
- Alice (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The "new" car model is actually the same old one.
- The crowd scene from Toby's Triumph is reused only with the people changed around slightly.
- Gordon's buffer is wonky at the docks.
- Gordon has coaches in one scene and a flatbed in the next.
- At the top of Gordon's Hill, the couplings clang and drop before the flatbed moves away; but it was said that the flatbed was not coupled up.
- When the flatbed speeds past Arthur, he speeds up after his trucks clear the points.
- When the flatbed passes Rosie it splashes mud all over her, but when Thomas runs by he does not.
- Lady Hatt's model from The Green Controller is used in the crowd scene, but she is meant to be at the Sodor Show.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Thomas og biljakten||Thomas and the Car Chase|
|Japanese||トーマスとにげるくるま||Thomas and the Runaway Car|
|Spanish||Thomas y el Vagón Fugitivo||Thomas and the Runaway Truck|
|Finnish||Karannut auto||Lost Car|
|Swedish||Thomas och bilen som rymt||Thomas and the Car that Escaped|