|This article is about 'the episode'. You may be looking for 'the 2010 magazine story, the 2012 magazine story, the book, the German DVD or the Thai DVD'.|
- “Aww, that little piglet is looking at me!”
- ―Thomas giggling at a newborn piglet
Thomas and the Pigs is the eighth episode of the thirteenth season.
Farmer Trotter asks Thomas to collect some straw for the piglets, which are soon to be born. But on the way, Thomas sees other things he thinks the piglets will like, so he collects milk from Percy, apples from James and chestnuts from the children, completely filling his flatbed. When Thomas gets to McColl Farm, Farmer McColl tells Thomas that there is no room for the straw. So, Thomas takes the unusual cargo to Farmer Trotter, who tells Thomas that piglets do not like apples, chestnuts and milk as the straw is the main priority as soon as they are born. Farmer Trotter tells Thomas to empty his flatbed and collect the straw. On the way, Percy and James try to tell Thomas their ideas about what the piglets would like, but Thomas has no time to listen to them as he is running late. Finally, Thomas collects the straw from Farmer McColl and rushes back to the pig farm. Thomas cannot see the pigs, thinking he is too late, but Farmer Trotter tells him that he is just in time. One of the piglets takes a shine to Thomas, so Farmer Trotter names the piglet Thomas.
- Farmer Trotter
- Farmer McColl
- The Ginger-haired Boy (does not speak)
- The Dairy Manager (cameo)
- The Tree Specialists (cameo)
- Ben Small as Thomas
- Keith Wickham as James and Percy
- Matt Wilkinson as Farmar McColl and Farmer Trotter
- Martin Sherman as Thomas and Percy
- Kerry Shale as James and Farmer Trotter
- William Hope as Farmer McColl
- This episode was seen in select US theatres in October 2010.
- This episode marks Farmer Trotter's first speaking role in the series.
- Thomas' back cab window blinks when he leaves McColl farm the first time.
- Wooden Railway - Thomas' Pig Pickup 3-pack
- Books - Thomas and the Piglets
- Magazine Stories - Thomas and the Pigs/Thomas and the Pigs
In Other Languages
Home Media Releases