|This article is about 'the story book'. You may be looking for 'the movie, the activity book, the sticker book, the Soundtrack or the Board game'.|
Thomas and the Magic Railroad is a book based on the feature film of the same name.
Thomas makes a perilous trip to bring back Lady to restore the Magic Railroad.
- Diesel 10
- Mr. Conductor
- Burnett Stone
- Gordon (does not speak)
- Lady (does not speak)
- Splatter and Dodge (do not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Henry (mentioned)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- In the book, an explosion causes Thomas to topple off of the cliff. This was to be part of the original film until P.T. Boomer was cut.
- The book is based on the original script in seven ways:
- Diesel 10 is a new engine on the Island of Sodor.
- Mr. Conductor escapes Diesel 10 by cutting a wire instead of a hydraulic pipe.
- Diesel 10 plans to destroy all of the buffers on Sodor to find the magic ones.
- Thomas is seen going through another part of the magic railroad.
- Diesel 10 is eavesdropping on Mr. Conductor as he sleeps.
- Diesel 10 refers his grabber as his "claw", instead of "Pinchy".
- It is mentioned that the trains did not stop on Burnett's side of the mountain.
- The buffers are illustrated to look like crossing gates.
- In the twenty-fifth illustration, Thomas' funnel is too far back and Lady's appears to be missing.
- Gordon's funnel is taller than usual in the first illustration.
- Lady is missing her crossheads.
- During one of "the chase" illustrations, Thomas is not between Lady and Diesel 10, despite the text saying so.
- In the first illustration, Gordon is missing his brake pipe and lamp irons.
- In one illustration, James has grey wheels.