|This article is about the story book. You may be looking for the movie or the activity book.|
|Thomas and the Magic Railroad|
June 27, 2000-2001
Thomas and the Magic Railroad is a book based on the feature film of the same name.
Thomas makes a perilous trip to bring back Lady to restore the Magic Railroad.
- Diesel 10
- Mr. Conductor
- Burnett Stone
- Gordon (does not speak)
- Lady (does not speak)
- Splatter and Dodge (do not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Cranky (cameo)
- Henry (mentioned)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- In the book, an explosion causes Thomas to topple off of the cliff. This was to be part of the original film until P. T. Boomer was cut.
- The book has the original script in four ways:
- Diesel 10 is a new engine on the Island of Sodor.
- Mr. Conductor escapes Diesel 10 by cutting a wire instead of a hydraulic pipe.
- Diesel 10 plans to destroy all of the buffers on Sodor to find the magic ones.
- Thomas is seen going through another part of the magic railroad.
- The buffers are illustrated to look like crossing gates.
- Junior is illustrated as wearing his conductors hat throughout the book, but in the film he does not receive it until the end.
- Patch, Stacy Jones, and Billy Twofeathers are not in the book.
- In the twenty-third illustration, Thomas' funnel is missing.
- Gordon's funnel is taller than usual in the second illustration.