|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book, the DVD, or the Malaysian VCD.|
|Thomas and the Jet Plane|
Thomas and the Jet Plane is the third episode of the tenth season.
Thomas must collect a group of children from the airport and take them to a picnic. When Thomas arrives he meets a jet plane named Jeremy who comes across as being so boastful that Thomas decides not to talk to him in future. However, soon after Jeremy takes off, he discovers a storm is brewing, and returns to warn Thomas. Thomas picks up the children and takes them to Jeremy's hangar and asks if it is okay for them to have the picnic there. Jeremy agrees and he and Thomas soon become good friends.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Lady Hatt (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Stock footage from Thomas Saves the Day is used.
- This episode marks Jeremy's only speaking role.
- During the storm, it is obvious that Annie and Clarabel's nameplates are stickers.
- Jeremy's scale is much too small; he is dwarfed by the wind sock, Thomas, and the people, who are half his height.
- Jeremy executes several impossible maneuvers, such as a sudden vertical climb without a change in attitude while Thomas is stopped at the signal and later when making an implausibly tight turn to avoid the storm.
- Jeremy's lights are never turned on. His pilot should have activated his strobes and beacon before taking off and turned on his red and green navigation lights when coming anywhere near adverse weather.
- Jeremy taxis on the ground too fast.
- Because stock footage is used, Thomas is pulling red coaches instead of Annie and Clarabel.
- Wooden Railway - Thomas and the Jet Plane story pack
In other languages
|Norwegian||Thomas og jetflyet||Thomas and the Jet Plane|
|Japanese||トーマスとジェットき||Thomas and the Jet Plane|
|Dutch||Thomas en het Straalvliegtuig||Thomas and the Jet Plane|