Thomas and the Colours, also known as Thomas and the Colors in American releases, is the twenty-second episode of the tenth season.
Thomas tries to finish his jobs quickly so that he can take the Sodor football team to a match against the Mainland, but is upset when he finds James being decorated in the team flags. Thomas tries to use James' vanity against him so that he can pull the team, but James does not pay attention and Thomas runs out of ideas. Then, he has a brainwave - have James diverted. Unfortunately, the siding James runs onto is overgrown and the flags are ruined. Thomas goes for help, but is stopped when he sees Bertie broken down, beside the line. Thomas, thinking fast, collects Annie and Clarabel to take Bertie's passengers and then the football team and takes them to James, so he can have James decorated with the team's scarves. The team gets to the match on time and James agrees to let Thomas pull the team the next year - but only if he gets to the yard first.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- The opening scene of this episode closely resembles the opening scene from the eighth season episode, Fish.
- This episode was not released on US DVD releases until July 14th, 2009 for the HiT Favorites DVD, School Days.
- When released on the HiT Favorite's School Days US DVD, the eighth season version of the Engine Rollcall was used, even though the song was changed after the release of the 2005 direct-to-DVD special, Calling All Engines! and after the rebuild of Tidmouth Sheds during said special.
- In some scenes, Thomas' face is crooked.
- When Thomas arrives at the signal box, his steam platform is visible.
- When the kids decorate James, their hats disappear. Though the fact that they just decorated James with their scarfs and flags, no hat is visible on him when he was re-dressed.
In Other Languages
|Danish||Thomas og Fodboldkampen||Thomas and the Football Match|
|Norwegian||Thomas og Fotballaget||Thomas and the Football Team|
|Swedish||Med Känsla för Färger||With Feeling for Colours|
|Czech||Tomáš a Vlajky||Thomas and the Flags|
|Polish||Tomek i Barwy Klubowe||Thomas and the Club Colours|
|Slovak||Thomas a Farby||Thomas and the Colours|
|Finnish||Tuomaksen Värikäs Päivä||Thomas' Colourful Day|
|French||Thomas et Les Couleurs||Thomas and the Colours|
|Spanish||Thomas y Los Colores / Thomas y Los Colores de su Equipo (Hispanoamérica y España)||Thomas and the Colours / Thomas and the Colours of His Team (Two new versions)|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Thomas e as Cores||Thomas and the Colours|
|Dutch||Thomas en de Sodor Team||Thomas and the Sodor Team|
|Flemish||De Sodor Team||The Sodor Team|
|German||Thomas und die Fußballmannschaft||Thomas and the Football Team|
|Hungarian||A Futballcsapat||The Football Team|
|Italian||Thomas e i Colori||Thomas and the Colours|
|Catalan||Thomas vs. Colors||Thomas vs. Colours|
|Russian||Томас и цвета команды||Thomas and the Team Colours|
|Chinese||托马斯与旗帜||Thomas and the Banners|
|Thai||โธมัสอยากขนนักกีฬา||Thomas Wants to Transport Athletes|
|Romanian||Thomas și Culorile||Thomas and the Colours|
|Croatian||Tomica i nogometna momčad||Thomas and the Football Team|