|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Malaysian DVD.|
| Thomas and the Colours/|
Thomas and the Colors
Thomas and the Colours, retitled Thomas and the Colors in American releases, is the twenty-second episode of the tenth season.
Thomas tries to finish his jobs quickly so that he can take the Sodor football team to a match against the mainland, but is upset when he finds James being decorated in the team flags. Thomas tries to use James' vanity against him so that he can pull the team, but James does not pay attention and Thomas runs out of ideas. Then, he has a brainwave - have James diverted. Unfortunately, the siding James runs onto is overgrown and the flags are ruined. Thomas goes for help, but is stopped when he sees Bertie broken down, beside the line. Thomas, thinking fast, collects Annie and Clarabel to take Bertie's passengers - the soccer team - and takes them to James, so he can have James decorated with the team's scarves. The team gets to the match on time and James agrees to let Thomas pull the team the next year - but only if he gets to the yard first.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Percy (cameo)
- Toby (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- In Norway and Germany, this episode is named "Thomas and the Football Team". In Denmark, it is called "Thomas and the Football Match". The Japanese title is "Nice Decoration". The Hungarian title is "The Football Team".
- In some scenes, Thomas' face is crooked.
- The signalman should not have sent James down the overgrown line.
- Surely Sir Topham Hatt would have chosen a different engine to be decorated.
- The way James is decorated is dangerous. The flags could interfere with his wheels and his boiler would get too hot for the flags.
- In the UK version the narrator says 'Clarabel' differently to the usual way.