|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book, the Polish DVD or the Dutch DVD.|
Thomas and the Circus is the sixteenth (fourteenth in Australia) episode of the eighth season.
Thomas is told to take the circus train and to share the load with another engine because of its weight, but Thomas is so excited to be pulling the train that he wants the glory all to himself, and turns down offers of help from Salty, Percy and James. This turns out to be a bad decision when Thomas' siderods break from the strain. Luckily, Percy and James come to help and the three deliver the circus to the grounds on time.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Cranky (does not speak)
- Kuffy the Clown (not named; does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Caroline (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Sodor Brass Band (cameo)
- Toad (faceless cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Kirk Ronan Junction
- Gordon's Hill
- The Windmill
- The School
- Stock footage from Percy's Big Mistake is used.
- Going by production order, this is the fourteenth episode of the eighth season.
- This episode marks Caroline's first appearance since the fifth season episode, Toby's Discovery.
- A faceless Toad is used as the brake van for Thomas' train.
- A wire is visible underneath Thomas when he is repaired and puffs away.
- The sound of Thomas' traction rods breaking happens long before they do on screen.
- When James is pushing the brake van, he is pushing it slightly up off the rails.
- Bridget and Stephen Hatt are seen as two of the children on the bridge waving to Thomas, but they were just seen at Maron station in the previous scene.
- In the overhead shot of Thomas passing through Maron, the line ahead is leading to bushes.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Thomas og sirkuset||Thomas and the Circus|
|Japanese||トーマスとサーカス||Thomas and the Circus|
|German||Geteilter Spaß ist doppelter Spaß||Shared Fun Is Double the Fun|
|Finnish||Tuomas ja sirkus||Thomas and the Circus|
|Hungarian||Thomas és a cirkusz||Thomas and the Circus|
|Spanish||Thomas y el Circo||Thomas and the Circus|
|Dutch||Thomas en het circus||Thomas and the Circus|
|Russian||Томас и цирк||Thomas and the Circus|
|Italian||Thomas e il Circo||Thomas and the Circus|
|Gaelic||Tomas Agus an Siorcas||Thomas and the Circus|
|Portuguese||Thomas e o Circo||Thomas and the Circus|
|Polish||Tomek i Cyrk||Thomas and the Circus|
|Romanian||Thomas și Circul||Thomas and the Circus|
|Czech||Tomáš a cirkus||Thomas and the Circus|
|Croatian||Tomica i cirkus||Thomas and the Circus|
|Slovak||Thomas a cirkus||Thomas and the Circus|
|Chinese||托马斯和马戏团||Thomas and the Circus|
|Korean||토마스와 서커스단||Thomas and the Circus|
|Swedish||Thomas och cirkusen||Thomas and the Circus|
|Thai||โธมัสกับคณะละครสัตว์||Thomas and the Circus|
Home Media Releases