|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the magazine story or the DVD.|
|Thomas and the Big Bang|
Thomas and the Big Bang is the tenth episode of the eleventh season.
Thomas plays a trick on Rheneas by whistling beside him, making the little engine knock his trucks of pilings. The other engines want to join in and surprise Rusty, Sir Handel, and Peter Sam. When Mr. Percival finds that none of Thomas' trucks have been loaded, he is furious. Thomas, seeing the error of his ways, works to get everything in order, but plays one last trick on Mr. Percival and hides his trucks. When Mr. Percival discovers the trick, he declares that Thomas is "a very funny engine".
- Sir Handel
- Mr. Percival
- James (does not speak)
- Percy (does not speak)
- Skarloey (does not speak)
- Rheneas (does not speak)
- Peter Sam (does not speak)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- This is the third occasion in which James is spun on a turntable. The first was in Tenders and Turntables and the second in Buzz, Buzz.
- When Rusty says "You look like a ghost!", the footage is sped up.
- The title is a reference to "The Big Bang", a phenomenon that supposedly occurred billions of years ago and is believed to have created the universe.
- This is the only eleventh season episode featuring the narrow gauge engines not to be featured on Engines and Escapades.
- Going by production order, this is the nineteenth episode of the eleventh season.
- The narrator says that Rusty steamed around the wharf, but Rusty is a diesel.
- Peter Sam is wearing Duncan's happy face at the end.
- The narrator says that the little engines blew their whistles, but Rusty has a horn.
- When Peter Sam derails, he crashes through the buffers and is off the track, but in the next scene, the rails continue to the edge of the wharf.
In Other Languages
|German||Die neuen Dampfrohr||The New Steam-pipe|
|Norwegian||Thomas og det store smellet||Thomas and the Big Bang|
|Japanese||トーマスのドッキリ!!さくせん||Thomas' Surprise Plan|