|This article is about the audio book. You may be looking for the TV show.|
Thomas and the Best-Kept Station Competition (also titled Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends) is an audio book released on cassette in 1993 by EMI in the UK and later rereleased on CD and cassette in 1996 by ABC Music and EMI in Australia. It features nine songs, with narration by Michael Angelis. It was written by Helen Knowles.
Thomas is chosen to take the Fat Controller to each station on Sodor for the best-kept station competition, along the way he must deliver a plough to Terence and invite Toby. In the end, the Fat Controller decides to award a certificate to all of the stations.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Farmer Finney (not named)
- Henrietta (mentioned)
- Mrs. Kyndley (mentioned)
- Thomas Anthem
- Gone Fishing
- Really Useful Engine
- That's What Friends Are For
- Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover
- Let's Have a Race
- Rules and Regulations
- The Island Song
- The back cover of the Australian CD image is from Whistles and Sneezes.
- This is the only time until the nineteenth season episode Wild Water Rescue that Elsbridge is referred to by name.