Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the VHS or the DVD.|
Thomas is shocked to learn from Percy that there is an engine with a branch line as famous as his and that the engine might visit. The engine, Stepney, has become bored with the Bluebell Railway and is delighted to discover that he has been invited to visit the North Western Railway. When Thomas hears the news, he is jealous and refuses to meet Stepney, but the others welcome him and he works with Duck happily all day. When it is time for Thomas' last train, he is furious to be shunted to let another train pass and is amazed to find Stepney pulling it. Thomas grumbles about it next morning, but Stepney explains the situation: he took a passenger who ordered a special train which Duck let him take, yet when he is unable to finish, Thomas realises he was nervous since he didn't know the line. Stepney flatters Thomas by calling him an expert, and Thomas proceeds to tell Stepney all about his branch line.
- The Important Passenger
- Duck (does not speak)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- James (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- The Vicar of Wellsworth (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- Bluebell Valley Station
- Stepney's Branch Line
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Shunting Yards
- This episode is based on the stories Bluebells of England and Stepney's Special from The Railway Series book, Stepney the "Bluebell" Engine.
- In the UK and in various international versions, when the special is ordered, music is heard. This is absent in the US version. Towards the end of the episode, the background shunting noise is cut off and some whistle sounds are also missing in the US version.
- On PBS Sprout airings, this episode uses the unrestored opening credits.
- When Thomas puffs past the field at the beginning, studio equipment is visible in the top-right corner.
- While Percy is telling Thomas about Stepney, as the camera is on Thomas, Percy's right lamp iron is bent but when the camera is on Percy, it is normal.
- While the engines wait for Stepney, a tar wagon, perched on another tar wagon, is visible behind Gordon and Henry.
- Stepney has Smudger's whistle sound in the US version and Rheneas' in the UK and international versions. Rheneas' whistle is used once in the US version as well.
- Stepney has Duke's whistle sound when he is working with Duck.
- In the US version, when Percy finishes talking about Stepney, his whistle sound is a higher pitched version of Thomas' whistle.
- In the UK and various international versions, Gordon, Duck and Douglas have the same whistle sound.
- When Thomas says "Why are we waiting? My passengers are being delayed," a black box is attached to his cab.
- George Carlin says "Stop all train!" instead of "Stop all trains!"
- Stepney is already wearing his express head lamps long before he is allocated to take the special train.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Thomas y Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|German||Stepneys Fahrt||Stepney's Trip|
|Norwegian||Thomas og Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Japanese||トーマスとステップニー||Thomas and Stepney|
|Finnish||Severi Vauhdissa||Stepney's Pace|
|Polish||Tomek i Stefcio||Thomas and Stepney|
|Dutch||Thomas en Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Russian||Томас и Степни||Thomas and Stepney|
|Ukrainian||Томас i Степнi||Thomas and Stepney|
|Welsh||Trên Arbennig||Special Train|
|Italian||Thomas e Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Hungarian||Thomas és Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Slovenian||Tomaž in Gustek||Thomas and Stepney|
|Chinese||托马斯和斯特普尼||Thomas and Stepney|
|Danish||Thomas og Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Romanian||Thomas şi Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Slovak||Thomas a Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Czech||Tomáš a Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Swedish||Thomas och Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
|Greek||Ο Τόμας και Ο Στέπνί||Thomas and Stepney|
|Thai||สเตปนีมาเยี่ยมเพื่อนหัวรถจักร||Stepney Visiting Friends Engine|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Thomas e Stepney||Thomas and Stepney|
Home Media Releases