|Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out|
Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out is the twenty-eighth episode of the tenth season.
Skarloey is in need of repairs and Thomas volunteers to take him across Sodor to the Works. Thomas decides to make Skarloey's trip exciting by showing him several sights Skarloey has never seen before, but on Gordon's Hill, the wellwagon carrying Skarloey breaks away and rolls down the hill. Skarloey's truck crashes into some buffers and Thomas, realising his mistake, rescues Skarloey and continues the journey.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mr. Percival
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Rocky (cameo)
- The Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Gordon (mentioned)
- Norramby Beach
- Castle Loch
- The Fishing Village
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Gordon's Hill
- The Works
- The Wharf
- Shen Valley
- The Lighthouse
- This is the last episode to air only in standard definition.
- This is Jocelyn Stevenson's last episode as executive producer.
- Stock footage from Percy and the Oil Painting is used.
- Skarloey's small scale model was used again for the first time since the fifth season. The small scale model was used in the long shots when he and Thomas passed by each place and in the scene when they arrive at the workshops.
- When Thomas stops beside Rocky, the puffing sound continues slightly after Thomas actually stops.
- In one of the close-ups of Skarloey on the wellwagon, Thomas does not have any coal.
- The route from Tidmouth Sheds to the wharf goes up and over Gordon's Hill and then through Shen Valley, not the other way round, and the castle is not along that route.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Den store rundturen||The Big Day Out|
|Danish||Thomas og Skarloey største Udflugt||Thomas and Skarloey's Largest Excursion|
|German||Skarloey die große Reise||Skarloey's Great Trip|
|Japanese||トーマスとスカーロイのえんそく||Thomas and Skarloey's Excursion|
|Swedish||Den stora dagen||The Big Day|
|Polish||Wycieczka Tomka i Sławka||Thomas and Skarloey's Trip|
|Dutch||Thomas en Skarloey samen op pad||Thomas and Skarloey On the Road Together|