Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out is the twenty-eighth episode of the tenth season.
Skarloey is in need of repairs and Thomas volunteers to take him across Sodor to the Works. Thomas decides to make Skarloey's trip exciting by showing him several sights Skarloey has never seen before, but on Gordon's Hill, the wellwagon carrying Skarloey breaks away and rolls down the hill. Skarloey's truck crashes into some buffers and Thomas, realising his mistake, rescues Skarloey and continues the journey until they approach the seaside.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mr. Percival
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Rocky (cameo)
- Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Gordon (mentioned)
- Norramby Beach
- Castle Loch
- Fishing Village
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Gordon's Hill
- The Works
- The Wharf
- Shen Valley
- The Lighthouse
- High Farm Junction
- The Hay Farm
- This is the last episode to air only in standard definition.
- This is Jocelyn Stevenson's last episode as executive producer.
- Stock footage from Percy and the Oil Painting and Seeing the Sights is used.
- Skarloey's small scale model was used again for the first time since the fifth season. The small scale model was used in the long shots when he and Thomas passed by each place and in the scene when they arrive at the workshops.
- For unknown reasons, in the Latin American version all the scenes of Thomas going up Gordon's Hill and Skarloey's crash were omitted.
- When Thomas stops beside Rocky, the puffing sound continues for a couple seconds after Thomas actually stops.
- In one of the close-ups of Skarloey on the flatbed, Thomas does not have any coal.
- When Thomas brings Skarloey to the Scottish Castle, a wall can be seen next to Skarloey's flatbed. But in Skarloey's close-up, the wall cannot be seen. This is because everything is put to larger scale so Skarloey's newer model and faces can be used and because there was no large scale Scottish Castle route made, the wall was replaced by piles of slates and clumps of moss beside the line.
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Den store rundturen||The Big Day Out|
|Danish||Thomas og Skarloey største Udflugt||Thomas and Skarloey's Largest Excursion|
|German||Skarloeys großer Ausflug||Skarloey's Great Trip|
|Spanish||Thomas y el Gran Día Libre de Skarloey / El Gran Día de Thomas y Skarloey||Thomas and the Great Free Day of Skarloey / The Great Day of Thomas and Skarloey|
|Finnish||Santerin hieno päivä||Skarloey's Nice Day|
|Japanese||トーマスとスカーロイのえんそく||Thomas and Skarloey's Excursion|
|Swedish||Den stora dagen||The Big Day|
|Polish||Wycieczka Tomka i Sławka||Thomas and Skarloey's Trip|
|Dutch||Thomas en Skarloey samen op pad||Thomas and Skarloey On the Road Together|
|Italian||Thomas e Skarloey in Gita||Thomas and Skarloey on Trip|
|Portuguese||Thomas e o Grande dia Livre de Skarloey||Thomas and the Great Free Day, Skarloey|
|Hungarian||Thomas és Skarloey Kirándul||Thomas and Skarloey's Trip|
|Russian||Увлекательная поездка Томаса и Скарлуи||Thomas and Skarloey's Fascinating Journey|
|Romanian||Thomas și Aventura lui Skarloey||Thomas and Skarloey's Adventure|
|Slovak||Thomas a Skarleyovo veľký deň von||Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out|
|Chinese||托马斯和史卡洛放大假||Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out|
|Thai||วันพักผ่อนของโธมัสและสกาโลอี้||Thomas and Skarloey's Book|