|Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out|
October 15th, 2006
Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out is the twenty-eighth episode of the tenth season.
Skarloey is in need of repairs and Thomas volunteers to take him across Sodor to the Works. Thomas decides to make Skarloey's trip exciting by showing him several sights Skarloey has never seen before, but on Gordon's Hill, the wellwagon carrying Skarloey breaks away and rolls down the hill. Skarloey's truck crashes into some buffers and Thomas, realising his mistake, rescues Skarloey and continues the journey.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mr. Percival
- Rocky (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- The Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Norramby Beach
- Castle Loch
- The Fishing Village
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Gordon's Hill
- The Works
- The Wharf
- Shen Valley
- This is the last episode to air only in standard definition.
- Stock footage from Percy and the Oil Painting is used.
- Skarloey's small scale model was used again for the first time since the fifth season. The small scale model was used in the long shots when he and Thomas passed by each place and in the scene when they arrive at the workshops.
- In Denmark, this episode is named "Thomas and Skarloey's Large Excursion". In Norway it is "The Big Day Out". The German title is "Skarloey's Great Trip". In Japan, this episode is called "Excursion of Skarloey and Thomas". In Sweden this episode is called "The Big Day".
- When Thomas stops beside Rocky, the puffing sound continues slightly after Thomas actually stops.
- In one of the close-ups of Skarloey on the wellwagon, Thomas does not have any coal.
- After Skarloey crashes into the buffers, Thomas' driver (who had no control over Thomas' sightseeing tour) somehow gets Skarloey back onto the wellwagon all by himself.
- Since when has Gordon's Hill had a siding at the bottom? Also, there was no mention of the points being switched, so Skarloey should have continued past the siding.
- Skarloey should have fallen off of the flatbed when he crashed at the bottom of the hill.
- The route from Tidmouth Sheds to the wharf goes up and over Gordon's Hill and then through Shen Valley, not the other way round, and the castle is not along that route.
- It would have taken more than the rest of the day to mend Skarloey.
- A brakevan should have been added to Thomas' train.
- Due to its speed, Skarloey's flatbed should have derailed at the bottom of Gordon's Hill.