|This article is about the UK VHS. You may be looking for the Indian DVD, the South African VHS, or The New Zealand VHS.|
Thomas and Gordon and Other Stories, also known as Volume 1 in New Zealand, is a UK/AUS/NZ VHS featuring eight first season episodes narrated by Ringo Starr. It was re-released in 1993 under the name Thomas and the Trucks and other stories in the UK. The original release was simply titled Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends.
It's full steam ahead for Thomas, the little blue engine with the short stumpy funnel, short stumpy boiler, and short stumpy dome, and his special friends Gordon, Henry, James, Percy, Edward, Toby, Annie and Clarabel the carriages, and of course their Boss, the Fat Controller. Now Thomas has a new friend - storyteller Ringo Starr, who says "Thomas is a smashing little engine - he's cheeky and has a mind of his own. Thomas is Number One and never lets anyone forget it!"
- Thomas and Gordon
- Edward and Gordon
- The Sad Story of Henry
- Edward, Gordon and Henry
- Thomas' Train
- Thomas and the Trucks
- Thomas and the Breakdown Train
- James and the Coaches
- The 1986 UK and 1987 Australian releases of this video were simply called "Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends".
- The Video Collection release cover featured illustrations by Owen Bell.
- VCI also released a Sony Camcorder version.
- The Endeavor Entertainment release is the only New Zealand tape to have a picture on the back cover.
- The 1991 Australian and New Zealand front covers feature a photo from Saved from Scrap, but that episode is not featured on this video.
- The 1986 UK and 1991 Australian releases feature a photo from Trouble in the Shed on the back cover, but that episode is not featured on this video.
- The New Zealand release features a photo from Percy and Harold on the back cover, but that episode is not featured on this video.
- On the 1986 UK release, "Guild" is misspelt "Gulid".
- The 1993 UK release has a picture from Henry's Forest on the cover, but that episode is not on this video.