|This article is about 'the 2003 boxset'. You may be looking for 'the 2017 boxset'.|
The Thomas The Tank Engine Story Collection is a book published by Random House containing fourteen volumes of the Railway Series. It was re-released in 2013 as a TK-Maxx exclusive in the UK titled The Original and Best Story Collection.
Railway Series Books
- The Three Railway Engines
- Thomas the Tank Engine
- James the Red Engine
- Tank Engine Thomas Again
- Troublesome Engines
- Henry the Green Engine
- Toby the Tram Engine
- Gordon the Big Engine
- Edward the Blue Engine
- Four Little Engines
- Percy the Small Engine
- The Eight Famous Engines
- Duck and the Diesel Engine
- The Twin Engines
- The front and end covers feature a 1958 map of Sodor.
- The book was published for the 60th Anniversary of the Railway Series.
- The book uses American terms like switches, freight car, conductor, and addresses The Fat Controller as Sir Topham Hatt.
- The book was originally published by Egmont in 2002.
- On the back of the 2013 cover, Gordon and Henry are given numbers on first book illustrations.
- Throughout the book, the illustrations are not in their entirety.
- There are 57 stories total in this version.