|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Buzz Book.|
|Thomas Goes Fishing|
Thomas wants to go fishing and is annoyed when the other engines say, "Engines don't go fishing". However, he unknowingly gets the chance when the water column at the junction breaks down and his crew must use a bucket to pull water from the river to fill his tanks.
Thomas later develops a pain in his boiler because of a blocked feed pipe. Thomas is stopped in a siding as the driver summons an inspector and the Fat Controller. They look inside Thomas' tank and deduce that fish were collected in the bucket along with water. Thomas' crew fish them out with instruction from the Fat Controller and have a lunch of fish and chips. The Fat Controller asks if Thomas has learned his lesson and Thomas says that he has and that fishing is too uncomfortable.
- This episode is based on the story of the same name from The Railway Series book, Tank Engine Thomas Again.
- Stock footage from Thomas' Train and Thomas and the Trucks is used.
- This is the first episode to have the same title in the US and UK.
- George Carlin's narration of this episode has been broadcasted on TV, but has only been released on the Video Treasures release of Thomas Gets Tricked and Other Stories.
- In one scene, Annie and Clarabel are facing the wrong way.
- The river water is brown when it is lifted in the bucket, but when it is poured into Thomas' tank it is clear.
- Thomas' driver was said to have hung "DANGER" signs on Thomas' front and back, but they are propped a few metres in front of and beside him.
- Thick pencil marks are visible on the "DANGER KEEP AWAY" signs.
- In the American narration by George Carlin, listen carefully after the Fat Controller says "Mmmm . . . " Ringo Starr can be faintly heard saying "Mmmm . . . " in the background.
- When the men are first seen with the "DANGER" signs, the red lining around Thomas' number is torn.
- Thomas is wearing Percy's tired face in some shots.
- Studio equipment can be seen when Thomas says, "Bother! I'm thirsty!" and when the Inspector looks inside Thomas' tank.
- When the inspector clambers up to check Thomas' tanks, Thomas abruptly stops hissing steam. But when the Inspector comes down, he is hissing steam again and once the Fat Controller climbs up, the steam vanishes. Then again, when the Fat Controller asks Thomas' driver how the fish got there, the steam reappears! And throughout all of this, the hissing sound continues even when Thomas is not letting off steam.
- When Thomas is at Elsbridge, the siding usually seen at the water column is not there except in the close-up of the out of order sign. When it is seen, it ends in the grass.
- In the Welsh narration, only one of the "DANGER KEEP AWAY" signs is translated into Welsh, while the others remain English.
- Buzz Books - Thomas Goes Fishing
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Thomas på fisketur||Thomas On Fishing Trip|
|Welsh||Tomos yn Pysgota||Thomas Fishing|
|Japanese||トーマスとさかなつり||Thomas and Fishing|
|Italian||I trenini non vanno a pescare!||The Trains Do Not go Fishing!|
|Finnish||Kalaa Thomas||Fish in Thomas|