Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Buzz Book, the UK VHS or the US VHS/DVD.|
Every afternoon, Thomas puffs along his branch line with Annie and Clarabel. They would pass the watermill, then they come to a big farm and see a village nestle either side of it. Whenever children hear Thomas coming, they would stand on the bridge to wave at him.
One day, Thomas was waiting at a signal to talk to some children. Percy was waiting too and teases Thomas that if he is late, Sir Topham Hatt will replace him. Thomas disapproves of this, but was worried.
The next day, Thomas sees an inspector waving a red flag. He saw some children waving at him on the bridge, asking if he would take them home. The stationmaster explains to the driver that the school bus had broken down and that the parents would be worried. So the children walked down the bridge and climbed on board Annie and Clarabel and Thomas took them to the next station where Bertie was waiting to take them home. When Thomas finishes his job, he was very late and was worried that Sir Topham Hatt would be cross.
But next morning, Thomas was relieved that Sir Topham Hatt was nowhere to be seen at the station, but Thomas' fears amplify when the rails on the branch line buckle due to being heated by the hot sun. Thomas tries to stop in time, but he suddenly derails on the bent tracks. Later, he is sent to shunt trucks in the yard whilst the workmen repaired the line. Bertie comes to see Thomas and understands he needs his help again. Bertie does his passenger work, making him miserable that he had lost his passengers. Much to Thomas' relief, the line is repaired and Sir Topham Hatt is not replacing him and changes Thomas' timetable so he and Bertie can work together more often. Even though his passengers mention how much they missed Thomas, he thanks Bertie for looking after his passengers.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- James (does not speak)
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- The Goods Station
- Shunting Yards
- The Valley Bridge
- The Watermill (stock footage)
- Lower Suddery (deleted scene)
- This is the first episode not based on a story by Wilbert or Christopher Awdry. Instead, it is adapted from two magazine stories, Hello, Thomas! and A Bump on the Line, both written by Andrew Brenner.
- Thomas' accident is also thought to be based on The Flying Scotsman's derailment at Tollerton due to heat buckled track.
- Stock footage from Percy's Promise is used.
- A deleted scene shows Thomas leaving Ffarquhar after talking to Bertie at the very end which did not happen in the original nor restored versions. It was later shown during Thomas and the U.K. Trip in Japan.
- When this episode first aired, the end credits were removed to make time for its pairing with Thomas, Percy and the Dragon.
- Side views of Thomas at the signal show that his siderods appear to be disconnected from his front wheels.
- When Thomas' signal lowers, its support post leans slightly to the right.
- A wire can be seen under Annie and Clarabel when Thomas puffs along before reaching the broken track.
- When Thomas falls off the tracks a stone is visible underneath him.
- The scene of Thomas passing the watermill is sped up.
- The sign on Ffarquhar station is blank and the roof is badly damaged.
- The Fat Controller has a black car.
- When Thomas passes by the Goods Station at the beginning, Thomas' signal is up.
- In the shot of the damaged tracks, Thomas is not seen coming around the bend, but in the next shot, he is already around it.
- In one shot at Knapford, James can be seen ahead of Percy, but when Percy talks to him, somehow James has inexplicably moved further back.
- In a deleted scene of Thomas passing through the Goods Station, the end of the set is visible.
- In a deleted scene, a red wire is visible inside of Thomas' coal bunker.
- In a deleted scene, Clarabel is facing the wrong way.
In Other Languages
|Finnish||Tuomas Menee Raiteiltaan||Thomas Goes Off the Rails|
|Japanese||トーマスとバーティーのてだすけ||Thomas and Bertie's Cooperation|
|German||Thomas entgleist||Thomas Derailed|
|Norwegian||Thomas blir hektet av||Thomas Gets Hooked Off|
|Welsh||Tomos yn Poeni||Thomas in a Worry|
|Italian||L'Amicizia vince sempre||Friendship Always Wins|
|Polish||Tomek Wypada z Szyn||Thomas Dropped Rails|
|Czech||Vykolejeny Tomáš||Thomas' Derailment|
|Slovenian||Tomaž se zaleti||Thomas Bumps|
|Turkish||Thomas Terkedilince||Thomas Was Abandoned|
|Dutch||Thomas Ontspoort||Thomas Derails|
|Russian||Томас набивает Шишки||Thomas Fills Bumps|
|Ukrainian||Томасові допомогають||Thomas Help|
|Romanian||Thomas Este Lovit||Thomas is Hit|
|Spanish||El Golpe de Thomas||The Strike of Thomas|
|Hungarian||Thomas és a Meggörbült Vonatsín||Thomas and Bent Train Tracks|
|Slovak||Vykoľajený Thomas||Thomas' Derailment|
|Swedish||Thomas blir hektet av||Thomas Gets Hooked By|
|Danish||Thomas bli'r hægtet af||Thomas is Going to Lose Out|
Home Media Releases