|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Buzz Book, the UK VHS or the US VHS/DVD.|
- "Thank you for looking after my passengers!"
"Oh, that's alright Thomas! I like to make new friends, but I'm glad to share them with you!"
"Bertie, you're a very good friend indeed! (You're a good friend indeed and always will be! - US and Early UK Narration)"
- ―Thomas and Bertie
Every afternoon, Thomas puffs along his branch line with Annie and Clarabel. They pass the watermill, then come to a big farm and see a village nestled either side of it. Whenever children hear Thomas coming, they stand on the bridge to wave at him.
One day, Thomas is waiting at a signal to talk to some children. Percy is waiting too and teases Thomas that if he is late, Sir Topham Hatt will replace him. Thomas scoffs at Percy, but is secretly worried.
The next day, Thomas sees an inspector waving a red flag. He sees some children waving at him on the bridge too, asking if he will take them home. The stationmaster explains to the driver that the school bus broke down. The children climb on board Annie and Clarabel, and Thomas takes them to the next station where Bertie is waiting to take them home. When Thomas finishes his job, he is very late and worries that Sir Topham Hatt will be cross with him.
Next morning, Thomas is relieved that Sir Topham Hatt is nowhere to be seen at the station, but Thomas' fears worsen when the rails on the branch line buckle from the hot temperature. Thomas tries to stop in time, but he derails on the buckled tracks. Later, he is sent to shunt trucks in the yard while the workmen repair the line. Bertie takes Thomas' passengers for him, but he makes more stops to let passengers of closer to their homes, and Thomas worries that Bertie will replace him.
However, after the line is repaired, Sir Topham Hatt changes Thomas' timetable so he and Bertie can work together more often. To Thomas' relief, the passengers say that they missed Thomas and are glad to have him back, and he thanks Bertie for taking care of them while the line was repaired.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- The Little Boys
- Stephen Hatt (not named)
- James (does not speak)
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Bridget Hatt (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Dryaw Goods Station
- Shunting Yards
- The Valley Bridge
- The Watermill (stock footage)
- Lower Suddery (deleted scene)
- This is the first episode not based on a story by Wilbert or Christopher Awdry. Instead, it is adapted from two magazine stories, Hello, Thomas! and A Bump on the Line, both written by Andrew Brenner.
- Stock footage from Percy's Promise is used.
- The last scene of the episode freezes shortly before the credits.
- In side views of Thomas waiting at the signal with Percy, the bolt holding the siderods on his front wheels is missing.
- When Thomas' signal lowers, its support post leans slightly to the right.
- A wire can be seen under Annie and Clarabel when Thomas puffs along before reaching the broken track.
- When Thomas falls off the tracks, a stone is visible underneath him.
- The sign on Ffarquhar station is blank and the roof is badly damaged.
- When Thomas passes by the Goods Station at the beginning, Thomas' signal is up.
- In one shot at Knapford, James can be seen ahead of Percy, but when Percy talks to him, James has moved further back.
- In the restored version of the episode, when Bertie is carrying Thomas' passengers, Bertie has his sad face on when he is supposed to be happy.
- In a close-up of Thomas' driver after they are flagged down, Thomas' fireman is not in his cab.
- In some close-ups of Thomas' driver after the crash, Annie is facing the wrong way.
- Percy's roof is lifted throughout the episode.
In Other Languages
|Finnish||Tuomas Menee Raiteiltaan||Thomas Goes Off the Rails|
|Japanese||トーマスとバーティーのてだすけ||Thomas and Bertie's Cooperation|
|German||Thomas entgleist||Thomas Derailed|
|Norwegian||Thomas blir hektet av||Thomas Gets Hooked Off|
|Welsh||Tomos yn Poeni||Thomas in a Worry|
|Italian||L'Amicizia vince sempre||Friendship Always Wins|
|Polish||Tomek Wypada z Szyn||Thomas Dropped Rails|
|Czech||Vykolejeny Tomáš||Thomas' Derailment|
|Slovenian||Tomaž se zaleti||Thomas Bumps|
|Turkish||Thomas Terkedilince||Thomas Was Abandoned|
|Dutch||Thomas Ontspoort||Thomas Derails|
|Russian||Томас набивает Шишки||Thomas Fills Bumps|
|Ukrainian||Томасові допомогають||Thomas Help|
|Romanian||Thomas Este Lovit||Thomas is Hit|
|Spanish||El Golpe de Thomas||The Strike of Thomas|
|Hungarian||Thomas és a Meggörbült Vonatsín||Thomas and Bent Train Tracks|
|Slovak||Vykoľajený Thomas||Thomas' Derailment|
|Swedish||Thomas blir hektet av||Thomas Gets Hooked By|
|Danish||Thomas bli'r hægtet af||Thomas is Going to Lose Out|
|Serbian||Izbačeni Tomas||Outcast Thomas|
Home Media Releases
|<< Season 2||Season 3||Season 4 >>|
|#01||A Scarf for Percy||#10||The Trouble with Mud||#19||One Good Turn|
|#02||Percy's Promise||#11||No Joke for James||#20||Tender Engines|
|#03||Time for Trouble||#12||Thomas, Percy and the Post Train||#21||Escape|
|#04||Gordon and the Famous Visitor||#13||Trust Thomas||#22||Oliver Owns Up|
|#06||Thomas Gets Bumped||#15||Toby's Tightrope||#24||Heroes|
|#07||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon||#16||Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party||#25||Percy, James and the Fruitful Day|
|#08||Diesel Does it Again||#17||Buzz, Buzz||#26||Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure|
|#09||Henry's Forest||#18||All at Sea||Canceled:||Gordon Goes Foreign||