|This article is about the Story Library book. You may be looking for the engine, the baby, the VHS, the Engine Adventures book, the Railway Series book, the Railway Series compilation book, the magazine story, the video game, the 1984 handheld game, the 1993 console game or the Kids Station game.|
- "Wake up, Lazybones!"
- ―Thomas being cheeky to Gordon
Thomas is the first book in the My Thomas Story Library series.
Thomas is a tank engine who enjoys teasing the bigger engines. One day, Gordon takes revenge on Thomas and pulls him along behind the train at high speeds. Thomas is careful never to be cheeky to him again. The next day, he saves James after trucks push him off the line. The Fat Controller is pleased with Thomas and gives him a branch line all to himself.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie (does not speak)
- Harold (cameo)
- Edward (mentioned)
- Henry (mentioned)
- Clarabel (mentioned)
- This book is based on the stories, "Thomas and Gordon" and Thomas and the Breakdown Train" from the Railway Series book, Thomas the Tank Engine.
- The book was released with a CD narrated by Michael Angelis in 2007.
- In 2015, this book (along with five others) was sold as a website-exclusive book pack with a Wooden Railway Thomas, except the other books were sold with the engines the books were named after.
- This book is featured as a Read Along on the Read & Play App with narration by Mark Moraghan.
- James' tender is connected to his valence throughout the book.
- In the second illustration, Gordon's fly crank is missing.
- James' wheels are grey when they should be black.