|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book, the magazine story, the DVD, US VHS/DVD, or the Japanese DVD.|
|Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
Thomas, Percy and the Dragon is the seventh episode of the third season. It first aired in the US on the Shining Time Station episode Scare Dares and reaired in the Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales episode, Missing Whistles.
Percy is still ribbing Thomas about the time he thought Percy was a ghost. Thomas pays no attention knowing it was him all the time, and next morning is asked to collect a special load from Knapford Harbour. Thomas is horrified to find it's a dragon, but his driver tells him it's made of paper and is needed for a carnival.
Meanwhile, Percy is stuck in a siding while shunting and has to stay there for the night because of jammed points while waiting for Henry to pass. His driver went home for tea & Percy watched the other engine going back to Tidmouth. Thomas was at the harbor & was shocked to see a dragon, but his driver informs him that it was paper dragon for the carnival tomorrow. Thomas continues his night time journey. Percy was asleep until Thomas passes by with the dragon and Percy is so terrified that he won't open his eyes until his driver comes.
The next day Percy tries to tell Gordon, but Gordon thinks he's joking, which soon leads to the other engines teasing Percy about it. Later, he sees the dragon again, but is indignant when he sees Thomas pushing it. Thomas explained what happened and the two make up for their teasing.
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Knapford Harbour
- Lower Suddery
- Lower Suddery Yard
- The Valley Bridge
- In the restored version, in the last shot of Thomas and Percy in the shed, Thomas looks cross instead of asleep.
- The second season episode, Ghost Train is referenced.
- A deleted scene shows Gordon passing Percy in the siding.
- Big Mickey and S.S. Vienna, from Thomas and Friends' sister show, TUGS, makes their first appearances in the show as background characters. They continue to be background characters to this day, even making it into CGI.
- This is based on the two Andrew Brenner magazine stories, Percy's Night Out and Percy and the Dragon.
- When this episode first aired, the episode's title card was the only part of the opening credits left intact. This was done to make time for its pairing with Thomas Gets Bumped.
- The dragon was said to be covered in lights, but it was actually lit up from underneath.
- The steam vent goes off too early when Thomas blows steam at Percy.
- In the shot of Henry, James, and Duck, Henry's front wheels are derailed and his brake pipe is wonky.
- When Thomas goes under the bridge, the rails on the left end.
- In the overhead shots of the jammed points, a truck next to Percy is derailed.
- In the scene of Thomas and Percy in Tidmouth Sheds, Thomas is in a middle berth. But, the morning after, Thomas has moved to the berth on the far right.
- The term guard is used in the U.S. version at one point.
- Wires can be seen under the tarp on the flatbed in front of the dragon when Thomas passes Percy. These are most likely wires connecting the power source to the dragon's lights.
- Gordon: "You've been in the sun too long! Your dome has cracked!"
- James: "Look out, Percy! Or the dragon may gobble you up!"
- Percy: "No one believes me! Maybe I did imagine the dragon after all."
In Other Languages
|Norwegian||Thomas, Percy og dragen||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Spanish||Thomas, Percy y el Dragon||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Welsh||Tomos, Pyrsi a'r Ddraig||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Japanese||トーマスとパーシーとりゅう||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|German||Der rätselhafte Drachen||The Enigmatic Dragon|
|Slovenian||Tomaž Poldi in Zmaj||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Polish||Tomek, Piotruś i Smok||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Finnish||Tuomas, Pekka ja Lohikäärme||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Czech||Tomáš, Percy a Drak||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Italian||Thomas, Percy e il Drago||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Dutch||Thomas, Percy en de draak||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Hungarian||Thomas, Percy és a sárkány||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Russian||Томас, Перси и дракон||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Ukrainian||Томас, Персі і Дракон||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Chinese||托马斯 培西和龙||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Romanian||Thomas, Percy și Dragonul||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|French||Thomas, Percy et le Dragon||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Slovak||Thomas, Percy a čínsky drak||Thomas, Percy and the Chinese Dragon|
|Swedish||Thomas, Percy och dragen||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
|Danish||Thomas, Percy og dragen||Thomas, Percy and the Dragon|
Home Media Releases