|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the book.|
Thomas, Percy and Old Slowcoach is the sixteenth episode of the fifth season.
Thomas and Percy discover an old slow coach in the scrap yard. She looks very dirty, but is in perfect shape so they try to help her. Meanwhile, James runs into trouble when his fuel tankers catch fire. The fire fighters soon help him by putting out the fire.
Later that day, there is another fire at the workmen's hut close to where Thomas and Percy were taking on water. Unfortunately, the firemen discover that they ran out of water after putting out James' fire. Thomas suggests that they use the water from his and Percy's tanks. The plan works well and the fire was soon put out, but the workmen's hut is destroyed.
As the foreman worries about sleeping quarters for the men, Percy comes up with the idea of using Old Slow Coach as the workmen's new hut. So, after being cleaned up, she happily enjoys her new life and being Really Useful.
- Tidmouth Hault
- Tidmouth Hault Sheds
- The Scrapyards
- The Flour Mill
- The Lighthouse
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Workmen's Hut
- Sir Topham Hatt's Office
- Brendam Docks (mentioned)
- Elements of the magazine story Fire are used.
- Pre-filmed footage from Thomas and the Rumours is used.
- Scrap models of Thomas, Gordon, Donald, Douglas, City of Truro, and Toad can be seen in the background in shots of the scrapyard.
- In the first shot of Thomas and Percy at the scrapyard, Big Mickey's model from TUGS can be spotted.
- In the Latin American dub, Old Slow Coach is referred to as a male.
- When Thomas and Percy puff to see what they can do to the fire at the workmen's hut, behind them in the background at Tidmouth Hault is the stationmaster's house from Thomas Comes to Breakfast can be seen.
- This is the last time a guard has a speaking role until the eighteenth season episode, Thomas and the Emergency Cable.
- The new station at Tidmouth Hault now appears to be a shed.
- In one scene, Thomas' scared face mask is missing the eyebrows.
- In one shot of Old Slow Coach at the scrapyard, Percy and his trucks are missing.
- When Thomas and Percy shunt their trucks in the sidings, Percy's eyes are wonky.
- When the guard says: "It's quite a mess", Thomas lurches forward a bit.
- When James cries for help, his eyes are wonky.
- The term "guard" is used at one point in the US narration.
- When Percy says: "You said the countryside runs got you all fired up James", his lamp is wonky.
- When the narrator says: "They reach the siding and his driver give the alarm", James is covered in smoke dust but when driver says: "It's dangerous" James is clean. However, when Thomas and Percy arrive, James is covered in smoke dust again.
- In one shot in the scrapyard part of the rails are oily.
- In the close-up of James' driver when he give the alarm, his eye is dislocated.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Thomas, Percy y el Viejo Vagón||Thomas, Percy and the Old Wagon|
|Norwegian||Thomas, Percy og den gamle vogna||Thomas, Percy and the Old Coach|
|Japanese||トーマスとふるいきゃくしゃ||Thomas and the Old Coach|
|Welsh||Tomos, Persi a'r Hen Gerbyd||Thomas, Percy and the Old Carriage|
|Dutch||Thomas, Percy en Oudje de personenwagon||Thomas, Percy and the Old Passenger Car|
|Italian||La Vecchia Carrozza Lenta||The Old Slow Coach|
|Hungarian||Thomas, Percy és az öreg személykocsi||Thomas, Percy and the Old Coaches|
|Slovenian||Tomaž, Poldi in star potniški vagon||Thomas, Percy and Old Coaches|
|Russian||Томас, Перси и старый медленный вагон||Thomas, Percy and the Old Slow Coach|
|Romanian||Thomas, Percy şi Vagonul cel Vechi||Thomas, Percy and the Old Wagon|
|Danish||Thomas, Percy og gamle Luntekaret||Thomas, Percy and Old Slow Coach|
|Slovak||Thomas, Percy a starý vagón||Thomas, Percy and the Old Wagon|
|Polish||Tomek, Piotrek i Stary Wolny Wagon||Thomas, Percy and the Old Free Wagon|
|Swedish||Gamla snigeln||Old Snail|
|German||Der alte Reisezugwagen||The Old Coaches|
|Chinese||托马斯珀西和旧货车||Thomas, Percy and Old Trucks|
|Korean||느림보 고물 객차||Sloth Stern Carriages|
|Greek||Ο Τόμας, Ο Τζέρι και Παλιά Αργή βαγονι||Thomas, Percy and the Old Slow Coach|
|Thai||ตู้โดยสารเก่าก็ยังมีประโยชน์||Old Coaches Are Also Useful|
Home Media Releases