|Thomas' Tricky Tree|
Thomas' Tricky Tree is the seventh episode of the tenth season.
Thomas has been sent to collect the Christmas tree from the wharf, but he can't find it and Duncan and Peter Sam tease him for not knowing what a Christmas tree looks like. Thomas steams away indignantly. He meets Sir Handel at some points, but ignores him, not noticing Sir Handel is pulling the tree. Thomas finds a flatbed carrying what he thinks is the Christmas tree sheltered by a tarpaulin, and pushes it away, but takes the wrong turning and pushes the flatbed into the canal, revealing its real load: pipes. Thomas looks for Sir Handel, who shows him where the tree is, and Thomas manages to deliver it in time.
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam (does not speak)
- Mighty Mac (does not speak)
- Sir Topham Hatt (does not speak)
- James (cameo)
- Mr. Percival (mentioned)
- In Norway and Japan, this episode is named "Thomas and the Christmas Tree". In Denmark it is called "Thomas and the Lost Tree". The German title is "Where is the Christmas Tree?". The Hungarian title is "The Christmas Tree". In Sweden, this episode's title is "The Lost Christmas Tree".
- The water that splashes up from the canal is dyed blue.
- How did Skarloey come from the warehouse to where Thomas splashed the load in the canal? It is impossible for him to even reach Thomas to tell him it was not the load.
- How were the pipes floating in the canal? They were made of metal.
- When Thomas puffs quickly away to find Sir Handel, a steam platform is clearly visible.
- Brakevans should have been added to Thomas, Duncan, Peter Sam, Skarloey, and Sir Handel's trains.
- When Thomas meets up with Skarloey, the narrator says that Thomas puffed into another warehouse even though it is the same warehouse where he met up with Rusty.