|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the DVD or the rolling stock.|
Thomas' New Trucks is the nineteenth episode of the ninth season.
Thomas and James become competitive about keeping their trucks clean, but at the quarry the trucks bump forward and get covered in dust. Thomas orders his trucks to behave, but they ignore him and get Thomas and themselves showered in coal.
James laughs that Thomas will never win, but Thomas realizes that if he uses his old trucks he will not have to worry about getting them dirty. Thomas collects some coal and sets off, but on the way a coupling breaks and Thomas goes ahead of the trucks. He stops too soon, and the trucks crash into him and disintegrate, flinging coal everywhere.
Harvey and the workmen clear up the mess, Thomas collects his new trucks and has the coal loaded into them, and arrives at Brendam without the trucks making any trouble. James gloats his victory, but then is hit by a falling crate of melons. Thomas tells James that trucks prefer to be useful than clean, and the trucks giggle in agreement.
- Bill and Ben
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Harvey (does not speak)
- Cranky (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Brendam Docks
- Sodor Shipping Company
- Anopha Quarry
- Shen Valley
- The Coaling Plant
- Shunting Yards
- Gordon's Hill
- The Washdown
- Going by production order, this is the sixteenth episode of the ninth season.
- Thomas' new trucks don't have faces until he meets James at the quarry.
- This episode is called "Thomas' New Trucks" in America (obviously it still uses the UK title), even though it should've been retitled, "Thomas' New Cars."
- As Thomas backs under the coal hopper, one of the trucks is missing its face.
- When Thomas and James meet at the washdown, Thomas has James' trucks and vice-versa.
- When James is showing off his trucks to Bill and Ben, he doesn't have a crew.
- The narrator says that "the engines and their trucks were working very hard," but Gordon was pulling coaches in that scene.
- The sound heard when Thomas applied the brakes appears to be telling that Thomas wheels are slipping while his siderods are brake-on, even though Thomas brakes normally.
- The UK term "trucks" is used in the US narration at one point.
- When Thomas collects his new trucks, the background to the left (perspective right) appears to be misplaced and tilted.
- Take Along (discontinued)
In Other Languages
|Danish||Thomas' Nye Vogne||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Norwegian||Thomas Får Nye Vogner||Thomas Gets New Trucks|
|Swedish||Thomas' Nya Vagnar||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Portuguese||Os Novos Vagões de Thomas||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Spanish||Los Nuevos Furgones de Thomas||Thomas' New Trucks|
|French||Les Camions Neufs d'Thomas / Les Nouveau Camions de Thomas (Québec)||Thomas' New Trucks / Thomas' New Trucks (Canada)|
|Dutch||Thomas Nieuw Wagons||Thomas' New Cars|
|German||Thomas Bekommt Neue Waggons||Thomas Gets New Cars|
|Italian||I Nuovi Vagoni di Thomas||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Hungarian||Thomas Új Vagonjai||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Catalan||Els Nous Camions Thomas||Thomas' New Trucks|
|Romanian||Nolie Vagoane ale lui Thomas||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Gaelic||Na Trugaichean Ura||New Wagons for Him|
|Czech||Tomášovy Nové Vagónky||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Polish||Nowe Wagony Tomka||Thomas' New Cars|
|Croatian||Tomicina Novi Automobili||Thomas' New Cars|
|Slovak||Thomasove Nové Vagóny||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Japanese||トーマスのあたらしいかしゃ||Thomas' New Trucks|
|Russian||Новые вагоны Томаса||Thomas' New Wagons|
|Chinese||托马斯的新货车||Thomas' New Trucks|
|Korean||새 짐차 소등||New Wagons Turmoil|
|Greek||Τα καινούρια βαγόνια του Τόμας||The New Wagons of Thomas|
|Thai||รถบรรทุกขบวนใหม่||The New Fleet of Cars|
Home Media Releases