|Thomas' New Trucks|
November 4th, 2005
Thomas' New Trucks is the nineteenth episode of the ninth season.
Thomas is jealous when he learns that James has received brand new trucks, but is delighted when told his trucks are too old to use and he will have to use new ones. Thomas and James become competitive about keeping their trucks clean, but at the quarry the trucks bump forward and get covered in dust. Thomas orders his trucks to behave, but they ignore him and get Thomas and themselves showered in coal. James laughs that Thomas will never win, but Thomas realises that if he uses his old trucks he will not have to worry about getting them dirty. Thomas collects some coal and sets off, but on the way a coupling breaks and Thomas goes ahead of the trucks. He stops too soon, and the trucks crash into him, flinging coal everywhere. Harvey and the workmen clear up the mess, Thomas collects his new trucks and has the coal loaded into them, and arrives at Brendam without the trucks making any trouble. James gloats his victory, but then is hit by a falling crate of melons.
- Bill and Ben
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Harvey (does not speak)
- Cranky (does not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Stock footage from Calling All Engines! is used.
- In Germany, this episode is called "Thomas Gets New Cars".
- This episode is called "Thomas' New Trucks" in America, even though it should have been retitled "Thomas' New Cars".
- Thomas' trucks don't have faces until he meets James at the quarry.
- As Thomas backs under the coal hopper, one of the trucks is missing its face.
- When Thomas and James meet at the washdown, Thomas has James' trucks and vice-versa.
- If Thomas' old trucks were too old to be useful, why were they not scrapped?
- Brakevans should have been added to Thomas' and James' trains.
- The narrator says that "The engines and their trucks were working very hard", but Gordon is pulling coaches in that scene.