|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the Buzz Book or the 1987 magazine story.|
|Thomas' Christmas Party|
It is Christmas time and Thomas wants to throw Mrs. Kyndley a party to thank her for saving him from a landslide the year before.
The Fat Controller agrees with him, but on the day of the party, there is a heavy snowfall, trapping Mrs Kyndley in her house. Thomas bravely puts on his snow plough and sets off with Toby to rescue her, and soon, with the help of Terence, who stays behind to look after the house, Thomas and Toby can return her to the shed, where the party is supposed to be.
But Thomas and Toby arrive home, they find the sheds in darkness. Suddenly, a switch is thrown and the sheds are covered in lights. Everybody sings carols, and Mrs Kyndley says it's the best Christmas party ever.
- Annie and Clarabel
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Mrs. Kyndley
- Terence (does not speak)
- Bertie (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Mrs. Kyndley's Cottage
- Hackenbeck Tunnel
- The Viaduct (deleted scene)
- Knapford (deleted scene)
- This episode is based on the story of the same name, released alongside the series in 1984. It also features a flashback from the story Mrs Kyndley's Christmas from The Railway Series book, Toby the Tram Engine.
- Stock footage from Thomas' Train and Thomas, Terence and the Snow is used.
- The platform Sir Topham Hatt stands on is made out of LEGO.
- The Christmas lights are real Christmas tree lights.
- The text in the end credits are red in the original version.
- The German title of this episode is "The Christmas Party". In Japan this episode is called "Christmas Party of Thomas". The French title is "Noel Thomas". In Finland this episode is called "Thomas Locomotive Christmas Party".
- A deleted scene shows that the christmas party may have originally been set at Knapford Station, instead of Tidmouth Sheds.
- Clarabel is facing the wrong way in the opening shot.
- When the workmen fit Thomas' snowplough, blu-tak is on one of the men's legs.
- Throughout the episode, Toby keeps losing his brakevan.
- When the engines whistle, only Thomas, Edward, and Henry's whistles can be heard.
- At the Christmas party, Henry is in his old shape.
- When George Carlin provides the narration, Ringo Starr can be heard in the background when the engines sing at the end. Every foreign version has the same problem as well, meaning Ringo's singing is built into the soundtrack for some reason.
- In the PBS Kids Sprout version, around the time the engines save Mrs. Kyndley and the time Thomas gets back to the sheds, the narration is dramatically out of sync.
- Gordon's tender is missing in a close-up.
- The Christmas tree at Tidmouth is far too tall compared to the engine shed.
- In a deleted scene, Thomas' eyes are wonky.
- The lights used at the sheds are noticably out of scale.
- When Sir Topham Hatt stands on the Platform, some Blu-tak can be seen under his feet.
- At the beginning when Thomas whistles "Happy Christmas" to Mrs. Kyndley, Clarabel is the front coach and facing forwards, but in the next shot she is at the back of the train and facing backwards.