|This article is about the 1987 magazine story. You may be looking for the episode, the Railway Series book, the Ladybird book or the Buzz Book.|
Thomas' Christmas Party is a magazine story.
It is Christmas on the Island of Sodor and all the engines are working hard. Alongside his branch line is a lonely little cottage owned by Mrs. Kyndley, who waves to the engines as they pass by. After work he goes to see the other engines. Thomas has told them that it has been a whole year since she had saved them from a landslide, but they've never thanked her properly. So Thomas decides to give her a special Christmas party. The Fat Controller thinks it was a splendid idea, but there is bad news. Mrs Kydnely is snowed in and Thomas and Toby go off to help her. Terence is there as well making a patch towards the railway line. At last the rescue is completed and Thomas and Toby takes Mrs. Kyndley to the sheds, but the yard was dark. Suddenly, all the lights light up and all the engines are there awaiting Mrs. Kyndley. She thanks the smaller engines and the engines all whistle together.
- The Fat Controller
- Mrs. Kyndley
- Gordon (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Toby's sideplates and Henrietta's wheels are not coloured in the seventh illustration. Parts of Henrietta's balcony is also missing.
- Percy's wheels are missing in the eleventh's illustration.
- No snow is seen behind the Fat Controller in the fifth illustration.
- Clarabel's eyes are not coloured in.
- Clarabel is not fully drawn in the eleventh illustration.
- In the eleventh illustration, no rails can be seen, yet the engines' wheels appear to be on firm ground.